Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 14, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #2,551 of 10,857
Hiya. Set poly to hotspot mode. This will make it appear as a wifi source in your wifi list. Select it. From your app you should then be able to choose it as an available device
Hi thanks, yes I can do this with the likes of Roon, but my issue is with Apps such as Youtube. I guess it needs somebody who has a Poly to confirm they have had success using it with Youtube, maybe Youtube is incomptaible?

Feb 14, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #2,552 of 10,857
I use the AK120 ll as transport (via optical) with the M1. This sounds better than straight out of the AK120 ll.
Very nice combination with th AK120 II

8288491.jpeg

My weapon of choice AK100 before the Poly

I might just try this again after quite a while. Using the Poly meant this could take a back seat, now I re-unite the two as my Poly is now mated to a Mojo 2

Feb 14, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #2,553 of 10,857
M2 owners, much appreciated if you post your EQ dsp settngs
My changes depending my mood and Genre of music.
Classical especially Cello and/or Old School Reggae bothe the same as below

20Hz + 2db
125Hz + 4db
3Khz + 2 db
20Khz + 2db

Otherwise flat. (Also depends on headphones used)

Feb 14, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #2,554 of 10,857

20Hz + 2db
125Hz + 4db
3Khz + 2 db
20Khz + 2db

Why don’t you just boost 125hz by 2db?

Feb 14, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #2,555 of 10,857
When I had it with Mojo1 it only occurred with wired USB use, I don’t recall it ever happening with Poly. Also, I had it with my Windows laptop and Audirvana, so it isn’t just an Apple issue. As long as I didn’t use upsampling on Audirvana it was okay though.
Dear fellows,
About the white noise issue I’ve just got a response from Chord support that I pasted below:

“ This is a loss of sync caused by two different sample rates being sent to Mojo2 at once. If you are using music playback software that does not have an exclusive mode, system sounds should be switched to off. This is not specific to Mojo2 and is a repeatable phenomenon both on other Chord Electronics DACs and other devices we've tested over the years.”

I think it is very likely what happened; I have now changed some audio settings to ensure only one source of sound goes through the Mojo, excluding for instance system sounds. Let’s try.

Best

Feb 14, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #2,556 of 10,857
For the laptop / phone / M6 / PC, I've tried two different USB C cables and for the PC, two different USB A to USB micro cables. I've also used the M6 in USB DAC mode from the laptop via the same USB C-C cable where it sounds much the same as it does providing it's own digital input, so I am happy that the cables are not a significant factor. The cables are generic, nothing special.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Mojo 2, it is excellent, but the M6 is punching so far above it's price point in so many ways. The Shanling Windows USB driver is not without issues mind you, but I never had the dropout into white noise with it.

This is great to hear, as I can stick to my M8 with no FOMO.

Feb 14, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #2,557 of 10,857

20Hz + 2db
125Hz + 4db
3Khz + 2 db
20Khz + 2db

thats quite an interesting EQ, what headphones are you using for this, i am finding i need to boost the bass with whichever headphones i use because when flat the mojo 2 seems to lack a little in low end power, its the only dac ive used where ill insert m20 apex modules into my u12t in ears just to get back to where im at flat on anything else, but thats not to say the quality of the bass is less, its very clean and deep just lacking in a little low end grunt.

if my understanding of the EQ is right you are +6db at 20hz with this EQ right because when you adjust the 125hz shelf its effective all the way down to 20hz aswell as mild boost above 125hz to 3khz... thats right i believe? correct me if im wrong, still trying to find the ''just right'' settings myself but as you say different headphones will like a different setup, kinda wish it had some profile setup for this reason.

Feb 14, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #2,558 of 10,857
Dear fellows,
About the white noise issue I’ve just got a response from Chord support that I pasted below:

“ This is a loss of sync caused by two different sample rates being sent to Mojo2 at once. If you are using music playback software that does not have an exclusive mode, system sounds should be switched to off. This is not specific to Mojo2 and is a repeatable phenomenon both on other Chord Electronics DACs and other devices we've tested over the years.”

I think it is very likely what happened; I have now changed some audio settings to ensure only one source of sound goes through the Mojo, excluding for instance system sounds. Let’s try.

Best
That’s not the issue. It absolutely occurs with Roon in Exclusive Mode.

Feb 14, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #2,559 of 10,857
Hi thanks, yes I can do this with the likes of Roon, but my issue is with Apps such as Youtube. I guess it needs somebody who has a Poly to confirm they have had success using it with Youtube, maybe Youtube is incomptaible?
I’ve got a poly and use you tube with it. I’ve just noticed I enable playback on say Spotify or Apple music. It’s then enabled. Switch to you tube. Carries on connected and just press play on that app. Enjoy

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #2,560 of 10,857
I’ve got a poly and use you tube with it. I’ve just noticed I enable playback on say Spotify or Apple music. It’s then enabled. Switch to you tube. Carries on connected and just press play on that app. Enjoy
Thanks for suggestion. Still not working for me. Are you using Airplane or Hotspot, and do you have Apple or Android phone - I have android.
I tried both Airplane and Hotspot, fired up Spotify and Apple music on my phone and neither can detect the Poly.
Actually I am wondering about what I previously said about Roon as well, as Roon doesnt work without wifi, so must have imagined I got Roon to play back in Hotspot?

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #2,561 of 10,857
Very nice combination with th AK120 II

8288491.jpeg
My weapon of choice AK100 before the Poly

I might just try this again after quite a while. Using the Poly meant this could take a back seat, now I re-unite the two as my Poly is now mated to a Mojo 2
the old ak 100 and 120 are fantastic for use as a transport because they have 2 micro sd ports....I use it as well and love it

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #2,562 of 10,857
Why don’t you just boost 125hz by 2db?
YMMV next you'll be telling me I should be listening to Rock invested 🤣

This is what I settled on after trying nearly a few combinations

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #2,563 of 10,857
thats quite an interesting EQ, what headphones are you using for this, i am finding i need to boost the bass with whichever headphones i use because when flat the mojo 2 seems to lack a little in low end power, its the only dac ive used where ill insert m20 apex modules into my u12t in ears just to get back to where im at flat on anything else, but thats not to say the quality of the bass is less, its very clean and deep just lacking in a little low end grunt.

if my understanding of the EQ is right you are +6db at 20hz with this EQ right because when you adjust the 125hz shelf its effective all the way down to 20hz aswell as mild boost above 125hz to 3khz... thats right i believe? correct me if im wrong, still trying to find the ''just right'' settings myself but as you say different headphones will like a different setup, kinda wish it had some profile setup for this reason.
Currently my headphones are Koss Porta & Meze 99.

Koss for casual use and Meze for relaxed use

Who knows regarding the dB levels I find boosting by a couple of dbs across the board helps give me the sound I'm looking for especially when tying to pick out bass from some tracks

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #2,565 of 10,857
Dear fellows,

Best
This is explains why I haven’t had an issue. My m2 is fed from an Allo DigiOne signature via Roon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back