Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 2, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #1,801 of 10,546
Just hooked them both on my main stereo system. The depth definition mentioned earlier is way more apparent in a speaker set up. The mojo 1 offers much deeper stage. Guys, considering the EQ settings CF etc. I think these two devices need a lot of time to compare them. I certainly wouldn’t trust a review which took few days to conclude. Seriously, this is something way more complex. Song from Max copper used before. System speakers: Harbeth p3esr xd, amplifier Yamaha A-S3000, subwoofer: rel T7i, source Audirvana + macmini.
Thank you for sharing your insights with us. The Mojo 2 arrived today and I will be listening to the new dac after work. Can you tell me what setting you used when connecting the Mojo 2 to your stereo? What volume did you set? I think it can also make a difference in the reception and comparison of the two dacs, depending on what the Mojo output voltage is.

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #1,802 of 10,546
It's early days but if anything I "preferred" the sound from the Mojo 2
Would you mind sharing in which ways you preferred the Mojo 2 over the Hugo 2? Is the preference in terms of tonal balance, soundstage, resolution, precision, etc.

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #1,803 of 10,546
The Lotoo cable isn’t well shielded, a common issue for those that purchased the PAW S1. If you use a ferrite core, aka choke, the noise is eliminated.
The Fiio BTR5 doesn’t seem to have this issue when used wired with the same wire. If Fiio can do it then I am sure Chord could have done better. Also is not a cable issue. It does the same when connected with poly or with my mac when the mobile is in close proximity

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #1,804 of 10,546
Thank you for sharing your insights with us. The Mojo 2 arrived today and I will be listening to the new dac after work. Can you tell me what setting you used when connecting the Mojo 2 to your stereo? What volume did you set? I think it can also make a difference in the reception and comparison of the two dacs, depending on what the Mojo output voltage is.
I set it about 2v (blue) according to the table shared by Rob Watts in his presentation.

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #1,805 of 10,546
I’ve had my Mojo 2 playing non stop since I got it 33 hours ago. It definitely needs a small burn in. I’ve been using several headphones, not encountered any issues I’ve also been comparing it constantly with the Gryphon & Xduoo XD05 BAL with Burson op amps using the balanced option.

Someone mentioned the balls are smaller and harder to use in your pocket. I am not finding that. The opposite actually. The two balls at either end are smaller than the two volume balls in the middle. Simple. The balls are all smaller than those on the original Mojo.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #1,806 of 10,546
Spent a bunch of time trying to induce noise problems into my MOJO this morning. Lossy and Hi Res Lossless streaming on cellular, wi fi, phone in all conceivable positions around and against the MOJO, near tube amps, and my laptop. Assorted cables, none of which are audiophile type. Best one is by Beats! Only because the cable is red matching MOJOs red balls :) The MOJO did not miss a beat or utter an inappropriate sound. Six plus years of happiness with MOJO. Will continue with my MOJO 2 order with complete confidence. Hope those of you with issues find a resolution.

MOJO Cell RF1.jpg

MOJO RF2.jpg
Maybe is not an issue with 5G. In my case it is clearly an issue for those who want to use it with their mobile wired. Anyone else?

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #1,808 of 10,546
I was suprised to hear the Mojo 2 suffers from RFI from phones. I might be on the wrong track but does it mean that the USB input is not filtered?

I remember the USB input on the Mojo needed something like an AudioQuest Jitterbug.

Whereas Rob implemented USB input filtering with Hugo 2 and TT2 after folk had the issue with Mojo.

I always figured any Mojo model after the original Mojo, would be filtered on the USB input. Provided there was space to implement that in the small Mojo case though.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,811 of 10,546
I was suprised to hear the Mojo 2 suffers from RFI from phones. I might be on the wrong track but does it mean that the USB input is not filtered?

I remember the USB input on the Mojo needed something like an AudioQuest Jitterbug.

Whereas Rob implemented USB input filtering with Hugo 2 and TT2 after folk had the issue with Mojo.

I always figured any Mojo model after the original Mojo, would be filtered on the USB input. Provided there was space to implement that in the small Mojo case though.
Is not a USB issue. It does that with the poly, mac or even when connected with optical to my Mac. All I have to do is bring the mobile close to the mojo. Is the typical interference you get from mobile phones and was the same for the mojo 1

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #1,812 of 10,546
I’ve also been comparing it constantly with the Gryphon & Xduoo XD05 BAL with Burson op amps using the balanced option.
ETA for a comparison video?
Maybe is not an issue with 5G. In my case it is clearly an issue for those who want to use it with their mobile wired. Anyone else?
I experienced this on Mojo when stacked with my phone.

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #1,813 of 10,546
@Rob Watts It would be useful to know what EQ settings give the best match to Mojo 1 based on spectral measurements of the output signal.
I have heard others ask this question and please forgive me I am not trying to be rude here...but if you want to tune the new mojo 2 to sound like the old mojo why not just save the money and use the original or buy a used original?..

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #1,815 of 10,546
I have heard others ask this question and please forgive me I am not trying to be rude here...but if you want to tune the new mojo 2 to sound like the old mojo why not just save the money and use the original or buy a used original?..
Probably because the original Mojo won't have the technical improvements nor the extra features like Desktop mode, Type-C...

Having the technical chops (depth, detail...) of Mojo 2 with a warmer, fatigue free tuning does sound nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back