Chord Mojo 2 sounds better from PC than Android phone
Oct 16, 2023 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AlexKx3

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I have a Mojo 2, and noticed it sounds ignificantly better when plugging into my PC than my android phone. I would have thought the DAC would produce consistant sound form both as the data input should be the same? Am I total noob in thinking this? Do I need a better phone for audio, like the Sony 1V?, current is a cheap Xioami).

Thanks,

Alex

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 9
Same cable in both case ?

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 9
Yes indeed. . (Cable quality is another matter as you can by some USB c to micro for £100?). Also I'm not sure if I should have the volume on my phone low and boost on the Mojo? Using Hiby to play SACD ISO.

Maybe there's another explanation as I listen via my phone on the train so there's ambient noise, where as pc is office so quiter. Headphones are closed back Focal Celestee.

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 9
Yes indeed. . (Cable quality is another matter as you can by some USB c to micro for £100?). Also I'm not sure if I should have the volume on my phone low and boost on the Mojo? Using Hiby to play SACD ISO.

Maybe there's another explanation as I listen via my phone on the train so there's ambient noise, where as pc is office so quiter. Headphones are closed back Focal Celestee.
Is the PC sound set to “Exclusive” for the DAC?

Oct 18, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 9
Hi all,

I have a Mojo 2, and noticed it sounds ignificantly better when plugging into my PC than my android phone. I would have thought the DAC would produce consistant sound form both as the data input should be the same? Am I total noob in thinking this? Do I need a better phone for audio, like the Sony 1V?, current is a cheap Xioami).

Thanks,

Alex
You will do better using toslink from a PCIE soundcard.

Oct 19, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #8 of 9
The same applies to Mac or Windows PC in default settings. Audio applications usually have so called "exclusive" mode to avoid operating system intervetions.
On Windows exclusive/bit-perfect mode is implemented as part of the audio stack, so if player supports it, you just flip the switch to use it.
On Android default OS driver just resamples, there is no way around. UAPP replaces OS driver with custom one, thus bypassing OS limitation.
If you want to compare apples to apples, use exclusive bit-perfect mode on both OS, either native or 3rd party.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 9
Hi all, thanks for your replies. I managed to solve it, issue was hiby was exporting as 44khz so I just had to go into settings and select "exclusive HQ USB audio access" to enable bit perfect output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back