Chord iChord vs. AudioQuest and QED J2P cables
Feb 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MiLKMAN

New Head-Fier
Greetings!

Does somebody tested, how Chord iChord compares to AudioQuest Golden Gate, Big Sur and Sydney? How QED Performance Audio and Reference Audio compares to the above?

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Greetings!

Does somebody tested, how Chord iChord compares to AudioQuest Golden Gate, Big Sur and Sydney? How QED Performance Audio and Reference Audio compares to the above?

I can say that, wow, holly wow to AudioQuest Sydney, big difference over the stock cable. There is more weight to the low and mid range with higher resolution detail.  Some instruments like the Cello in the background come real clear and up close. You can sense better separation between instruments. This cable requires some good burn-in (settle-in) as it's bit rough at first use.  Price taggie: $170- 200

Wireworld Oasis-6 RCA ($109 for 1m) - Another strong contender.  Immediately noticeable wider soundstage. Not deep or tall, but wide.  They are a bit forward but not by much. But maintains large space and air.   This is unique as if the cable is too forward, it generally doesn't give you spaciousness and air, but the Oasis-6 does it quite well.  Has great dynamics and bass and treble comes STRONG, rather than overly done, it's more revealing / realistic. This cable sounds good right out of the box. Burn-in isn't a priority here.

Performance-wise, both the Sydney and Oasis-6 are real close overall. But the Wireworld provides better performance for the money.  I have also tried Wireworld Terra-6 ($25) and it had good air and crispness but it was a bit congested when a lot of high frequencies are played by the instruments, almost distort-like. Oasis-6 removes that congestion and with bigger dynamic range.

But I was most satisfied with the Audioquest Angel ($1200) for high frequencies and analytic metallic-like sound it provides. It sounds phenomenal in some songs. Is it $1200 better? no.  

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, mate :) I compared Chord iChord with Microlab Solo 3 stock cable and Genelec 6010A stock cable. iChord was noticeable better. But, unfortunately, iChord isn't my cable and I want to buy some cable with good price-performace ratio for myself. But AudioQuest's exellent reviews made me wonder, that is Big Sur twice better than iChord or is Sydney triple better that iChord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back