Chord Hugo TT and Planar Magnetics
Dec 27, 2017 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gswilder

New Head-Fier
Just wondering how well the Chord Hugo TT can drive Planar Magnetic headphones? I have the Hifiman HE1000V2, Audeze LCD-XC (which I think would be fine), and the Audeze LCD4. I also have the Focal Utopia.

I have the Schiit JOTUNHEIM, which can drive the Hifiman and Audeze fine. But I was looking to step up to a better DAC/AMP combo. Also considering the Schiit GUNGNIR Multibit and Schiit MJOLNIR 2 combo as an upgrade.

I have a Chord Hugo which I love for portable use. Just couldn't find much about how well the Hugo pairs with Planar Magnetics. Most of the reviews seem to use dynamic headphones like the HD800s.

Thanks in advance.
Greg

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 2
If you have the Chord Hugo, couldn't you use your planars on it and listen to see how it is for yourself? Regardless, I have used the HE1000 V1 and Ether C Flow on my Hugo TT out of its headphone outputs and it sound perfectly fine. Of course you can also connect it to another amplifier down the road from the TT and just use it's DAC if you need more power. Unfortunately I haven't tried the regular Hugo before so YMMV on how much of an upgrade you may see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back