Chord Hugo/ Jitter Bug and USB question...
Jul 17, 2016 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FortisFlyer75

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a Hugo connected via a Vertere DFI usb cable to my HP Spectre X360 Win10 laptop and recently noticed that if I use the 16 bit usb port on the Hugo it by passes the volume control settings on the laptop as I have never been able to get this to happen through the HD usb port on the Hugo.

I have been using a Jitter bug also which works fine when the Hugo is connected to the HD USB port but when I tried the 16 bit only USB connection on the Hugo the with the Jitter bug plugged in the laptop then says "USB not recognised and computer malfunctioned" yet works fine if Hugo is running through the HD port.

I have also tried in the other two laptop USB ports but to no avail.

Is this something to do with the Filter system within the Jitterbug at all?

Not been a computer wizard when it comes to dacs but I would love to know why my laptop seems to bypass when hooked upto the Hugo 16 bit port but not the HD port.

I have tried the Hugo USB driver re-install in the past a few times with no change and use various media players over time with all the same results. Help from another Hugo user who knows the reason for this would be appreciated as well as the Jitter Bug question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back