Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Oct 25, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #21,376 of 22,475
By this do you mean the sound of an electronic relay switching on or off?
Similar to the click when a router switches the internet connection on or off, or a heating thermostat switching a circuit on or off.
I guess you could describe it as sounding like that sir. As of right now, the audio cutoff seems to only happen when the device is is plugged in using the charger that came with the Hugo 2. When running with no charger plugged in, the audio doesn't seem to be cutting out.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #21,377 of 22,475
What comes in the orig. hugo 2 packaging? I’m looking to buy used

Oct 25, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #21,379 of 22,475
Charger, remote, usb cable, a couple of bags, user manual. Nothing important other than the charger and the remote.
If I’m wanting to use this as primarily a desktop unit would I need the charger? Is it imperative to use their charger?

Oct 25, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #21,382 of 22,475
If I’m wanting to use this as primarily a desktop unit would I need the charger? Is it imperative to use their charger?
Thanks for the info everyone.
I’ve been experimenting with different chargers (all 2.4A+) and cables (all supposedly rated 2A+ or “high speed charging”) and the cables are indeed the variable: Some work, some don’t.
With any of the chargers and the right cable things are working as expected: I get the 2A charge indicator, the Hugo2 fully charges, no flashing lights, and desktop mode activates when it should.

Oct 25, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #21,383 of 22,475
What comes in the orig. hugo 2 packaging? I’m looking to buy used
09B1ED2A-F02E-4ACB-BB6D-975E55B77F22.png

Oct 25, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #21,384 of 22,475
See my post just above about issues with 3rd party charging cables.
Edit: Quoted below cause I apparently don’t know how to forum.
How much to get a cable from Chord?

Oct 26, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #21,386 of 22,475
So, from early testing going from 384k to 192k didn't keep the audio for switching off. However, when I run the device without the charger plugged in the audio cutting off doesn't seem to happen. It only seems to happen at random when running the Hugo 2 while it's plugged in which is strange to me. @Rob Watts For longetivity reasons is it best to keep the Hugo 2 running on power even when not using it, or is it better to shut the device off after use?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #21,388 of 22,475
So, from early testing going from 384k to 192k didn't keep the audio for switching off. However, when I run the device without the charger plugged in the audio cutting off doesn't seem to happen. It only seems to happen at random when running the Hugo 2 while it's plugged in which is strange to me. @Rob Watts For longetivity reasons is it best to keep the Hugo 2 running on power even when not using it, or is it better to shut the device off after use?
Are you using the Chord provided charger?
I had (different) issues with mine using a 3rd party charger/cable (I don’t have the Chord charger).
It turned out to be the charging cable that was causing my issue.
The cables I was using for charging we’re all supposedly rated 2 Amps+ but some worked and some didn’t.
With a decent, certified, cable and a 2.4 Amp charger my issues stopped.

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #21,389 of 22,475
Are you using the Chord provided charger?
I had (different) issues with mine using a 3rd party charger/cable (I don’t have the Chord charger).
It turned out to be the charging cable that was causing my issue.
The cables I was using for charging we’re all supposedly rated 2 Amps+ but some worked and some didn’t.
With a decent, certified, cable and a 2.4 Amp charger my issues stopped.
It is the standard Chord Charger that came with the Hugo 2.

Oct 26, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #21,390 of 22,475
Probably best to turn it off when not in use, particularly if its gonna be off for 12 hours or more. That said, Hugo 2 batteries are very reliable. I was actually using 10 year old Hugo 1 batteries last month and they worked fine - just a little poorer capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back