CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
May 20, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #8,643 of 25,860
Having listened to the Blu2 m-scaler with DAVE I would not say the improvement is subtle. It is almost as big a jump as DAVE was when it was first launched.

The soundstage is massive and the depth with instrument,vocal placement is enhanced considerably. Overall there is a super smooth, fatigue free analog feel to the sound.

Very impressive.

Exactly, yes, just what I have been saying. Yes folks, Blu2 + Dave is Dave x 2 in terms of sound quality.

May 20, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #8,644 of 25,860
It would be nice if the m-scaler technology could be incorporated into DAVE even if it meant a bigger unit.

Nice your using Spendor SP100,s Triode User. I use SP2,s myself as I only have a small room but they still sound superb.

May 21, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #8,645 of 25,860
It would be nice if the m-scaler technology could be incorporated into DAVE even if it meant a bigger unit.

Nice your using Spendor SP100,s Triode User. I use SP2,s myself as I only have a small room but they still sound superb.

Nice to hear of a fellow Spendor user. In my own little way using 25 year old speakers is flying in the face of a throw away society. Oh, and they still sound amazing.

May 21, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #8,646 of 25,860
Exactly, yes, just what I have been saying. Yes folks, Blu2 + Dave is Dave x 2 in terms of sound quality.

Mm...I briefly auditoned the Chord Dave + Blu II during CanJam Singapore 2017.......connected to the Audeze LCD XC. Spectacular. I was totally surprised at how good it sounded considering that it was a closed-back. It was unlike any closed-backed headphone I've ever heard.

May 21, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #8,648 of 25,860
Mm...I briefly auditoned the Chord Dave + Blu II during CanJam Singapore 2017.......connected to the Audeze LCD XC. Spectacular. I was totally surprised at how good it sounded considering that it was a closed-back. It was unlike any closed-backed headphone I've ever heard.

Yes, but was it the headphones or the Blu2 that you were really hearing? . . . . . . . . . .

May 21, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #8,649 of 25,860
May 21, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #8,650 of 25,860
Hi Rob,

I would appreciate your thoughts on feeding a Dave or Hugo TT with something like a MUTEC MC-3+USB plus possibly their new REF 10 Master-clock?

There is a lot of discussion on the various forums on the use of so called re-clockers like the Upton ISO REGEN etc.

Thanks in advance

May 21, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #8,652 of 25,860
a query for rob . m scalar does a great job of upsampling red book to 16x but almost all the red book files have already gone through downsampling . does that mean downsampling algorithm currently being used are not so bad as upsampling algorithm ( other than in m scalar )?

May 21, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #8,653 of 25,860
Yes the down-sampling creates transient timing errors through aliasing; but the up-sampling process creates many times more errors - it's much more serious. Reconstruction is much more difficult than decimation.

May 22, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #8,654 of 25,860
What is the best speakers anyone has heard paired with the DAVE with or without the M scaler powered or unpowered??

Is an amp needed to drive speakers with enough bass slam direct from the DAVE?
Has anyone heard the Omega 7XRS speakers driven directly from a DAVE? Looking for the purest full range speaker output without an intervening amplifier.

May 22, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #8,655 of 25,860
This may be a little "off-topic" for the more recent posts on this thread, but I'm curious to know where in the US have people been purchasing their DAVEs. I have the impression that the DAVE is not widely available (or not at all) through on-line retailers. Although I'm sure there are some local Chord dealers in the US around that have DAVEs in stock, they seem to be difficult to locate (at least through web searches) and even then, these shops may be very difficult for people to visit who live at some distance from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back