Chord Electronics - CES Launch Extravaganza
Jan 5, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #422 of 635
Screw early 2017. I want that Hugo 2 nowwwwwww

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #423 of 635
Poly, exactly what hoped for. This will sell!!

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #427 of 635
Poly looks awesome. Can't wait to drop the cable when using with an iPhone. I wonder if Chord will show the extended length case at CES.

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #429 of 635
Wow so the CD transport has 1 million taps? Is this by itself or does it need to be connected to Dave?

I'm a bit confused by this as I thought 1million taps (the amount of taps needed to perfect reconstruct the anaglog waveform) was a long way away and just a dream for now. I'm assuming it's taps used in a different way or else the Dave wouldnt be needed.

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #434 of 635
Poly is a streamer module, I guess this means no SD card/ dap module? I think all 3 new products have been mentioned

CD transport
Hugo 2
Poly module

Poly has an SD Card Slot. you can load in all your music and control it via a dedicated mobile app. It IS a DAP module... with extra wireless streaming and NAS capabilities. Its revolutionary. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #435 of 635
I'm sure someone is gonna bark at me for saying this. But, to me, these do not feel very... revolutionary. Much more evolutionary and accessory. Like, everyone and their brother could have guessed that the first FPGA DAC from Chord was eventually gonna get an update... 

CD transport in 2017... Not so revolutionary, despite it's amazing spec list.

A streaming add on to a mobile DAC/AMP... Not the most convenient thing in the world to take with you, but I'll give them a nod to something unusual and ancillary.

I doubt any of these are gonna break price barriers or be the 'Gotta-have-it' choice for most people in this forum. But then again, I may have fell into the hype pit that this thread was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back