Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #286 of 4,904
However, there are still innumerable 'audiophiles' that still play CD's on esoteric CDP's and have yet to adopt digital music files as our silver disc collections are huge. So for us 'Luddites' that already own DAVE the Blu-2 with CD transport will be an absolute godsend and I'm super excited about it. :)

That's a fair point but I can assure you you're in the minority.

I'd like the M-Scaler to be packaged as a standalone product with streaming capability supporting Tidal, Spotify, etc. I also hope it would have a nice assortment of digital inputs.

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #287 of 4,904
another CD fan here

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #288 of 4,904
That's a fair point but I can assure you you're in the minority.

I'd like the M-Scaler to be packaged as a standalone product with streaming capability supporting Tidal, Spotify, etc. I also hope it would have a nice assortment of digital inputs.

But then you see you are proposing an M Scaler that has added functionality that some people would say say don't want and don't want to have to pay for in the cost of the M Scaler. A streamer does not come free. Indeed if it is of sufficient quality to be on a par with the M Scaler it will add many £££££££.

Anyway we need to get our hands on our Blu2s first. Who knows, we might say they are a load of rubbish and you would be better off spending the money on cables instead. :D

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #289 of 4,904
But then you see you are proposing an M Scaler that has added functionality that some people would say say don't want and don't want to have to pay for in the cost of the M Scaler. A streamer does not come free. Indeed if it is of sufficient quality to be on a par with the M Scaler it will add many £££££££.

Anyway we need to get our hands on our Blu2s first. Who knows, we might say they are a load of rubbish and you would be better off spending the money on cables instead.
biggrin.gif

Don't you have your Blu2 yet? I feel like it was a month ago now when you said it was arriving...

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #290 of 4,904
  Don't you have your Blu2 yet? I feel like it was a month ago now when you said it was arriving...

It was due later this week but then last week the dealer checked with Chord and it has gone back at least 2 weeks.

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #292 of 4,904
so happens i have thousands of CD's so the Blu-2 will serve a dual purpose for me...enhancing my Dave and allowing me to play CD's especially SACD's which I currently do not have on my hard drive...I only have Flac but I have tons of SACD's that I play on my speaker system...best of both worlds for me

Blu MKII only plays redbook.

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #296 of 4,904
Great stuff, congratulations.
smily_headphones1.gif

But how did you manage to get a Blu 2 in Singapore before us U.K. residents?!?

He has obviously got mine, or maybe yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back