Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
May 17, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #511 of 4,904
Hello Rob,
Have you been able to test the cables and is there any difference in sq depending on high end low end cables..?

"I use 0.5M on my office, and 3 M on my main system. I have just received the high-end BNC, so when I get back from Asia I will listen to all 3 sets of cables and will post back."

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #513 of 4,904
I have recently started using Dave and am absolutely mesmerised by the sound. This is a new world and greatly engaging world for me. I am contemplating to move further with BLU 2 as it looks like a game changer for CD's and 16/44 format. I couldn't, however, find any substantive comments on what happens with higher rez files. Is BLU2 impact as pronounced ? Have I missed it or the jury is still out?

May 17, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #514 of 4,904
You certainly get similar improvements; but older recordings seem to benefit more - particularly recordings that are a bit bright. You hear more of the benefits of simple recording practices too.

May 17, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #516 of 4,904
I have noticed most Blu2 deliveries seem to be in Asia or in the UK. (That said, I don't know for sure anymore since the new Head-Fi site doesn't automatically display people's declared geographic locations). I am wondering if people in North America are starting to receive their pre-orders. I presume not because I presume Romaz would be one of the firsts in North America to receive his shipment and he hasn't come back to the forum to rave about Blu 2 yet...

May 17, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #517 of 4,904
Hello Rob,
Have you been able to test the cables and is there any difference in sq depending on high end low end cables..?

"I use 0.5M on my office, and 3 M on my main system. I have just received the high-end BNC, so when I get back from Asia I will listen to all 3 sets of cables and will post back."

Please do. I have bought two cheap BNC cables recommended by, I think, Triode. I have always found better quality cables to be beneficial and I am expecting the same with my Blu II when it arrives any day soon. I'm sure we'll all be delighted if cheap cables work just as well, but I am somewhat doubtful.

May 17, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #519 of 4,904
Please do. I have bought two cheap BNC cables recommended by, I think, Triode. I have always found better quality cables to be beneficial and I am expecting the same with my Blu II when it arrives any day soon. I'm sure we'll all be delighted if cheap cables work just as well, but I am somewhat doubtful.

It might well have been me that recommended them. My cheap BNC to BNC pair are working perfectly between my Bku2 and Dave.

May 17, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #521 of 4,904
I also picked up a pair on the basis that they would enable me to get up and going. I expect there to be a number of posts debating the virtue or otherwise of more expensive cables once more Blu 2's reach their destination, irrespective of what Rob has to say. It was the same with USB connection to the DAVE. No doubt Roy (Romaz) will conduct a series of exhaustive comparisons and report them with his usual thoroughness and clarity. He has been active on other forums recently on CA, addesssing a series of enormously complex issues up-stream from the Blu 2 and DAVE, and he did mention having to take a break due to other comittments. Like many others, I would be interested to hear what he has to say.

May 17, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #523 of 4,904
One of the important items to consider with your digital BNC cables from DAVE to Blu is that the BNC connectors are directly wired to the cable and not a BNC to RCS adaptor or any other BNC adopters. Another important item is it is a true 75 Ohms digital signal cable.

May 18, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #524 of 4,904
One of the important items to consider with your digital BNC cables from DAVE to Blu is that the BNC connectors are directly wired to the cable and not a BNC to RCS adaptor or any other BNC adopters. Another important item is it is a true 75 Ohms digital signal cable.

Agreed. But this is not expensive and nor are proper BNC to BNC 75 ohm cables. The more exotic cables can have a very high proportion of their eventual sale price allocated to advertising and promotion.

May 18, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #525 of 4,904
Yes A++

Agreed. But this is not expensive and nor are proper BNC to BNC 75 ohm cables. The more exotic cables can have a very high proportion of their eventual sale price allocated to advertising and promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back