Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Feb 6, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #2,506 of 4,904
I’m looking forward to learning what you guys think of the Belden and Canare cables (with and without ferrites) compared to ferrite’ed stock cables I’ve probably got another 4-5 weeks to wait for my Blu 2 to arrive and I think I might get a couple of not-too-expensive cable options ready to tryout with it when it does arrive (I already have several ferrites).

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #2,508 of 4,904
I’m looking forward to learning what you guys think of the Belden and Canare cables (with and without ferrites) compared to ferrite’ed stock cables I’ve probably got another 4-5 weeks to wait for my Blu 2 to arrive and I think I might get a couple of not-too-expensive cable options ready to tryout with it when it does arrive (I already have several ferrites).

I have been using the 6ft 'bare' Canare 12G-SDI/4K UHD BNC cables for a few days now. They sound fine but to be fair I have not had a chance to compare with anything else yet.

Feb 7, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #2,509 of 4,904
Thanks for the update, Triode User. I’ve probably got enough ferrites to get the most out of the stock cables that come with the Blu 2, but would be good to learn whether I can surpass what is possible with the stock cable by using a slightly better, but still inexpensive cable, and with fewer ferrites.

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #2,511 of 4,904
Starting to wish I had ordered a silver blu 2. Chord have just advised my dealer they still haven’t resolved the metalwork problems and have added a further 8-10 weeks delay ! :frowning2:

Presumably you have a black Dave though? So I guess that is just a bit of grumbling about the delay. Out of interest, do you what metalwork problems exist?

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #2,512 of 4,904
Presumably you have a black Dave though? So I guess that is just a bit of grumbling about the delay. Out of interest, do you what metalwork problems exist?

Yes but I ordered both Dave and Blu at the same time so could have chosen Silver. Chord simply said the metalwork was not up to their standards. It would be good if they commented here with what is really going on.

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #2,513 of 4,904
Yes but I ordered both Dave and Blu at the same time so could have chosen Silver. Chord simply said the metalwork was not up to their standards. It would be good if they commented here with what is really going on.

I'd be interested in an update also as I ordered black 2 weeks ago and was told about a 6 week wait. Oh well, might just have to wait it out.

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #2,514 of 4,904
I'd be interested in an update also as I ordered black 2 weeks ago and was told about a 6 week wait. Oh well, might just have to wait it out.

My guess is that a part of the CD lid rubs and scratches the black anodisation off. I can’t see what else could differentiate the black one. Either way at the price it costs we wouldn’t want anything less than perfect!

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #2,515 of 4,904

Bah humbug. In N America, it was 13 wks when I ordered mine... (still waiting)....

Feb 8, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #2,520 of 4,904
Blu II in black is still 12 weeks out
Starting to wish I had ordered a silver blu 2. Chord have just advised my dealer they still haven’t resolved the metalwork problems and have added a further 8-10 weeks delay ! :frowning2:

When did you place your order?
I was just yesterday given an update and was informed my unit is approximately 12 weeks out. My order was placed around January 6th, so nearly 17 week projected total wait. I was told the explanation for the long wait is due to being 'overwhelmed due to an influx of new orders'. There was no mention of any 'metalwork problems'! How bizarre, and that some of us have different explanations.

The tricky part for me is that my dealer has a 'personal' (not sure what he meant) Blu mk.2 in SILVER. It's better to wait so that the units match (DAVE/Blu), but the sound of the music would not mind the discrepancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back