Chord Announces Poly, Hugo 2 and Blu MkII @ CES 2017
Jan 6, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #31 of 144
  It will be interesting to see how this Mojo+Poly sounds compare to UAPP+Mojo or DAP+Mojo !

I'm thinking the same. The bluetooth is AD2P / Is it APTX? So were looking at 16/44 max from the smartphone into a DAC that is craving more. The wireless will work with the higher resolutions I am sure, but I just feel a bit underwhelmed with it. Why not have a cool liquid ink screen on it for some basic playback ability and no battery usage. Simple to implement as we have seen from plenty of other competitors and the files on the SD are all of a sudden put through at their native state? Just my thoughts, but for £900 including the Mojo, people would be silly not to just get the current HUGO and be done with it. 
Jim

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #32 of 144
Yawn. Seriously, this is what everyone was getting super hyped about? A Mojo clip on accessory, an overpriced DAC that gets the crap kicked out of it by Schiit multibit DACs half the price and a CD player? Where is Chord's Mimby/Bimby competitor? Where is MQA support? Big missed opportunity here. The whole countdown thing gets people hyped for nothing. 

From my experience with Valhalla2 - Lyr2, and Schiit products in general, it was the other way around. Chord products in general - Chord Hugo and Mojo was high quality while Schiit gear offered nothing but gobs of power.

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #34 of 144
The Poly is about connectivity and flexility but not sound quality.
The digital audio  stream BT or WI-FI must be down converted somewhere to analog again to be heard , so if the converter you have is not better or even equal to the super duper Dac of the mojo you just lost quality.
I do not think direct wired  connection from the MOJO has rivals

From your post here it looks to me like you misunderstood the product. The Poly isn't for trasmitting, it is for receiving.

The music is streaming TO the Poly to be converted by the Mojo. The Mojo's analog output IS wired directly to your headphone or amplifier.

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #37 of 144
Poly looks interesting but what's up with the price? This looks like a $150 dollar accessory that enables streaming to the Mojo, why in the world make it so expensive. This is nothing groundbreaking here. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #39 of 144
Jan 6, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #40 of 144

is Hugo2 support MQA?

The concept and idea behind of MQA is what CHORD FPGA is doing. But how different I don't know

Erm, I don't know where you get that idea. But MQA encoding and Chord using FPGA instead of off the shelf DAC chips are totally unrelated.

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #41 of 144
No, Rob Watts has always said Hugo addresses the time domain problem

Apparently MQA claims something similar.

MQA on my Macbook sounds decent through Tidal, but for serious listening, Hugo is much better.

MQA is Good for the masses, and is much superior to the 16 bit CD version on tidal.

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #43 of 144
The digital audio  stream BT or WI-FI must be down converted somewhere to analog again to be heard , so if the converter you have is not better or even equal to the super duper Dac of the mojo you just lost quality.

It is converted at Mojo, the same way when a wired connection is used.

Remember that Mojo only have Digital inputs...

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #44 of 144

The concept and idea behind of MQA is what CHORD FPGA is doing. But how different I don't know
Both of you ... 

No, Rob Watts has always said Hugo addresses the time domain problem

Apparently MQA claims something similar.

MQA on my Macbook sounds decent through Tidal, but for serious listening, Hugo is much better.

MQA is Good for the masses, and is much superior to the 16 bit CD version on tidal.

You act like you know something about electronics but you don't.

MQA is a format. A FORMAT. 
Using FPGA instead of a off the shelf DAC is still just a DAC. A DAC.

Go learn some actual electronics instead of talking through ... your poo chutes.

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #45 of 144
Li-po battery isn't cheap
biggrin.gif

Ha what! I just bought one for £2.50 on ebay for a phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back