Chord 2qute question please help
Nov 21, 2017 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

iAudio365

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys

I just bought a 2qute and it arrives on friday, I’m just curious will the dolby atmos for headphones work with the 2qute It’s located in the spatial settings in the sound menu under properties (the last tab in properties is spatial settings) this allows you to use windows surround 7.1 or dolby atmos in windows 10.

It worked ith my Hugo 2 no issues

But will the spatial settings in windows 10 appear for you when the 2qute is plugged in via USB as well?

I’m asking because I also have a mcintosh mha100 amp with a built in dac that I plugged in via usb and I lost access to all the windows spatial settings as they just don’t show but that could be more software related to the mcintosh itself.

Can anyone let me know?

Thanks so much for your time.

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 4
I would imagine it works with most USB DACs because it's really just a Windows setting. I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Nov 21, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 4
I would imagine it works with most USB DACs because it's really just a Windows setting. I'm sure you'll be fine :)

thanks for your reply, I was just worried because my mcintosh mha100 which has a built in dac doesn't allow for any spatial options at all in windows 10 for some reason, and that's also connected via usb to my pc.

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 4
I would think the usb driver for the dac would determine what gets sent out to the dac.Dont have a Win 10 machine but I’m surprised it worked with the Hugo 2. It could be a software thing as I’m pretty sure Chord doesn’t support Dolby as a native codec. I know a lot of computers can send the spatial stuff via optical and spdif but not usually on usb. There is software that also does this so Win 10 might have that but like I said don’t have it so can’t say. I would think the Macintosh is set for 2 channel only but that is just a guess. I think you are going to have to wait to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back