Choosing the right earphone
Jul 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Virtutis

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!
im quite new here, been lurking and reading  alot.

Ive decided to take the plunge into in ear monitors / earphones, my first ever was the RE-400

Amazing sound quality, however it lacked 'oomph', virtually no bass, i like bass.

I then purchased the Brainwavz M4 great IEM, great vocal clarity, however lacked bass, both sub-and depth in it.

I then received the Dre tours as a gift, which were much better in the bass department however not exactly what i was looking for (sounded muddy and underwater), if the muddy-ness was gone it wouldve been the perfect earphone (with a $100 price reduction).

i was going to purchase the Hippo VB when the man at the shop told me theyve discontinued them at the shop because virtually every pair they sold were returned because of a faulty left ear piece. 

I was really set on getting the VB however i think i need to look somewhere else for durability.

I would like a earphone with great quality and quantity of bass, and sub bass as i mainly listen to aggressive hip hop / bass dominated tracks 
also vocals are important! 

i was looking at the M2 however i dont think it has as much raved reviews as the Hippo VB, and lacks somewhat with bass extension. 

My price range is $50-150
any help is much appreciated!! 

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 18
I have the xb90ex and they rumble your ears with sub bass.mids and highs are also very clear and detailed. Audio technica also has good sub bass, but more mid bass kick and more forward mids. I modded my phone for thexb90ex so that the mids(vocals) come out more.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #6 of 18
Sony xb90ex - massive sub bass with very wide soundstage clear mids and highs
Cks77x - good sub bass more mid bass than sony a bit less soundstage and more forward mids and highs than sony
Cks1000 - best of the three but most expensive very good sub/mid bass and same tuning as cks77x, but better overall than other two.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #8 of 18
Trust me when i bought the sonys i was afraid there was not going to be enough mid bass. But in the end it turned out it has plenty for my tastes. It still kicks for me with the right tuning. If i bought the cks77x i bet the mid bass would be too overwhelming already since i do find the sony has enough mid bass to make me feel tired to my ears :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back