Choosing the right DAC ))
Apr 26, 2011 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Alexander-UA

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody.

I'm looking to buy a DAC for my system:
IDT High Definition Audio / PS3 > Yamaha AX397: Mordaunt Short 902i, Sennheiser HD595.

Would you be so kind to suggest what may be better, considering my components:
Nuforce Icon uDac 2 DAC  or dr dac2 dx or any else under 300$.

Thank you in advance

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 5
I would suggest looking into a DAC by HRT, such as the Music Streamer II, or given your ~$300 point the Music Streamer II+. So far I have been extremely pleased with just my standard Music Streamer II. The Music Streamer series is also a pure DAC, it does not have any amplification circuits (AFAIK) which means you get more DAC for your money compared to other solutions that include amplification circuit. This of course only applies if you also get a dedicated amp alongside the DAC. If you need an amp than the FiiO E9 is quite excellent for the money.

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I would suggest looking into a DAC by HRT, such as the Music Streamer II, or given your ~$300 point the Music Streamer II+. So far I have been extremely pleased with just my standard Music Streamer II. The Music Streamer series is also a pure DAC, it does not have any amplification circuits (AFAIK) which means you get more DAC for your money compared to other solutions that include amplification circuit. This of course only applies if you also get a dedicated amp alongside the DAC. If you need an amp than the FiiO E9 is quite excellent for the money.

x2 on the HRT, a cheap yet efficient DAC for the money. If you wanted cheaper, go DIY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back