Choosing my 1st pair of "nice" IEM's
Aug 19, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #20 of 22
I'm no expert - but my 2c.

You'll see my post here too - I've owned my s4i's for just over 1.5 years, and although I've enjoyed the sound (even though they're not always the clearest, but the bass is fun), I've found the build quality to be not the greatest. Mainly the cable, the wire is coming out of the jack now and those little rubber shoes under the buds (stress relief I think..?) have split.

I've also heard others having the same issues. That new rugged model looks the goods though.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
The A151 was tuned for accurate sound with a slight touch of bass boost compared to most single BAs with a neutral-dark sound, and in terms of note cleanliness/resolution/speed, it's like a typical single BA. That's what I was told by MEElec and I agree plus the cable on it is pretty sweet.

the cord is what I really like about the a151's that and the negatives of taking the shirt clip off the cc51 that people have had problems with...I guess I could always order both and return one but thats such a pain...

I just worry about spending 80 dollars on a set of phones to not like them... yikes! lol

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
the cord is what I really like about the a151's that and the negatives of taking the shirt clip off the cc51 that people have had problems with...I guess I could always order both and return one but thats such a pain...

I just worry about spending 80 dollars on a set of phones to not like them... yikes! lol

Well you could just order both from Amazon for about $100 and return one if necessary. They can give you an refund right after you print the return label if you call them and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back