Choosing Gaming headsets under $120
Feb 6, 2014 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

77slumber77

New Head-Fier
I've been needing a new headset after i got my Logitech G230 headset and absolutely hated them the bass is horrible the sound is fine and the mic doesn't pick up my voice. I was looking at Razer Kraken pros but after reading a few reviews i am not so sure if i want them. I need something under $120 with good bass and mic, If you know of any "good" gaming headsets then please give me a comment with link to seller.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 9
I was also wondering about the drivers on both the headsets they say the both have the same drivers does this mean the same bass? I hear everyone says the krakens have so much bass but the Logitech's seem to be just a normal headset no bass.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 9
Takstar Hi2050 + a mic. Killer for under $100

Feb 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #8 of 9
Up until I upgraded to some MA900's and a clip-on mic to go along with my Mixamp 2013, I was using the Skullcandy Slyr's (I've seen them selling for as low as $60 CAD).
It's listed in MLE's headphone guide as well.

I still use them for PC gaming since my Mixamp is connected to my console and I'm too lazy to move it around.
Solid overall sound for use with gaming and general music and the mic isn't bad for skype / vent / teamspeak.
The cups aren't very big though so if you have big ears they might require a bit of squishing.

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #9 of 9
These might be under budget, but the Tritton Kunai are solid and dirt cheap (Best Buy/Future Shop has the WiiU version for less than 10 CAD. They are just WiiU branded....they work with everything). I have to say that the bang for the buck is insane. Sure the build quality leaves a little to be desired, but the bass is great, and overall sound quality pretty dang good. I use them for music and gaming (primarily on my Vita). The removable mic is great too. It picks up no extraneous sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back