Choosing from 5 different Earphones need advice
Jul 22, 2009 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Sean Logue

New Head-Fier
1. Shure SE110
Amazon.com: Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver (Black): Electronics

2. V-Moda Vibe
Amazon.com: V-Moda Vibe Earbuds (Gunmetal Black): Electronics

3. Denon AH-C351K
Amazon.com: Denon AHC351K High-Quality Inner-Ear Headphones (Black): Electronics

4. Head Direct RE2
Amazon.com: HEAD-DIRECT RE2 In-ear Headphones: Electronics

5. Nuforce NE-7M
Amazon.com: NuForce NE-7M Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible): Electronics

I'm not looking for anything but quality. I don't really care that much about looks.

music styles

Basically, Linkin Park, Disturbed, type bands, things that can be heavier, possibly involve rap, but over all rock and heavy rock

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 13
maybe you would like to give the rough genres of music that you listen to...coz some of these phones are better than others at certain genres..

For example NE-7m is good for bassy material while RE2s are good for vocals as it has a pretty forward midrange...the others probably have their strengths but i haven't heard them...

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 13
Out of your list, I only have the NE-7M. It is excellent for $50 -- deep bass when needed (not bloated or boomy), crisp highs, maybe a tad shy in the mids, but not cold and clinical, still fun to listen to.

If you want top quality sound at a modest price you should get the RE0 which is on sale at Head-direct for $99 (normally $199). I ordered a pair yesterday.

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Logue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Basically, Linkin Park, Disturbed, type bands, things that can be heavier, possibly involve rap, but over all rock and heavy rock

i conclude that out of those, go for the Ne-7M

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of your list, I only have the NE-7M. It is excellent for $50 -- deep bass when needed (not bloated or boomy), crisp highs, maybe a tad shy in the mids, but not cold and clinical, still fun to listen to.

If you want top quality sound at a modest price you should get the RE0 which is on sale at Head-direct for $99 (normally $199). I ordered a pair yesterday.

from a personal standpoint I prefered the NE-7M's by far to the RE0's, but thats because as you say they were fun. The RE0's were not fun..SQ was amazing but very neutral and I was left feeling rather non-plussed on alot of songs.
Pure SQ the RE0's win, on fun-ness the NE-7M's every time

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 13
One more vote for the NE-7M for your music tastes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Logue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you guys think about the V-Moda Vibe Earbuds?

The current-gen vibes aren't worth the asking price in terms of audio quality. The 1st-gen Vibes were much better. Also, vibes are notorious for durability issues.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #11 of 13
I would suggest the NuForce NE-7M's from that list, as they are considered some of the best IEM's under $50 for Rock. However, I would also look into the Maximo im-590's
wink.gif

~Sccrfreak342~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back