Choosing Final Setup: ~1900$ budget
Apr 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

kubus

100+ Head-Fier
So, Ive got a final problem with choosing my rig xd Too many good reviews/opinions are here on the forum that I started to treat every of these 4 setups above at the same level xd So, I need your help to solve my problem
wink.gif

Which setup is the best way to go:
1)Jh13pro + D5000
2)Jh13pro + D7000
2)HD600 + Jh13pro
4)Jh13pro only!

D2/5/7 000 is ofc Denon's AH

Im listening: rock, jazz, sometimes blues and sometimes electronica

So, if you are able(you listened to all of those at the meet/you own those/you owned those/you listened to many of those), please tell me, which solution is the best here.

Please, dont give me other solutions
wink.gif
Ive already read enought and talked via pm with my friendly and helpful fellows(look my friendlist), so I know what solutions I want to get, but Im still confused which one will be the best.

If its possible, please explain why you voted like that and so on
wink.gif

I will be verry thankful for any advices/votes.

Thanks in advance to all who will take a part in this topic.

Regards

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 14
So what are you looking for? You have the HD600, you have JH13s on the way, so are you looking for advice on whether to get the remaining headphones? Are you unhappy with the amps you have? Are you unhappy with the source? Or are you just unhappy/unsure about the headphones you already have?

Are you looking for impressions of the headphones you have? The request just seems very vague so it'd help to get more info, otherwise if you're looking for impressions I'd just check HD800 Appreciation thread, the HD600, the JH13, and so on and so forth.

I've listened to the HD800 and HD600 for both a limited time. Part of impressions that I've read in those threads are accurate in terms of openness of the soundstage (for the HD800) and the HD600s bass being relatively weak (when compared with the HD650, a phone I own.)

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 14
4. JH13 pro only. I choose this for the sake of this word simplicity.
This earphone rivals/surpasses any headphone out there as some said.

Welcome to the stratospheric level of audiophile music!

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 14
Tell me, why these options? Why in the hell do you need up to 3 new phones right away, apparently without even hearing any of them? Would probably be better option to first choose something that you find interesting, and then advance from there if needed.

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell me, why these options? Why in the hell do you need up to 3 new phones right away, apparently without even hearing any of them? Would probably be better option to first choose something that you find interesting, and then advance from there if needed.

I would agree
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #8 of 14
Firstly: Im not sure about jh13pro
smily_headphones1.gif
For me, at this moment, its just so hard to believe that just so small drivers like in jh13pro are, can be better than hd800 xd
Secondly: Im not sure Am I going good way.
Thirdly: my wa6 and protector are mine final amps and Im sure I will be not changing them in next 6 years as far as Im a student and Im unable to get RSA Apache.

I like well controlled bass, which is the most lacking part of hd600
Im unable to try: jh13pro, ed8, d7000
I liked d2000 with my protector singlended and ihp140, but I were unable to hear it from my wa6

Trevor: Ive written: Soon ordering, which doesnt mean: Ordered and waiting xd

Thats why I made this topic
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #10 of 14
Whats your point man?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, Ive got them, as Ive written in the topic... im happy with them with jazz but with rock they are just awful, so Im thinking of getting phones for rock and I wonder does jh13pro really do the best with rock/jazz/others or I need also fullsize cans. And If I need them, which try is the best. IF not, great, I will earn extra money for a moto
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, after talking with Larry(headphoneaddict), now Im sure that jh13pro are mine final solution, or a part of, so I decided to cut the options that doesnt include the jh13pro.

Apr 4, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #11 of 14
Hey, sorry I was watching Butler win (crazy!!!)

Ok, I was under the impression that you've already purchased the headphones, I saw them in your sig. Anyway, I'm not going to suggest other headphones, per your request. I haven't had enough time with any of the phones you mentioned, but the only wisdom I'd like to impart on you in your quest for info on them would be to read impressions in the Appreciation threads for each of the phones. But with the HD6xx and HD800 check out the Woo Audio amp owners thread and see what they had to say, I'm sure you'll find someone who has any of the phones you listed.

I took this route when deciding on a number of my phones. Kept what I liked, sold what I didn't.

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #12 of 14
Hello, thank ya for shown interest in my case
wink.gif

Well, Im unable to hear jh13 without ordering them, but I finally decided to take the jh13pro as my main headphones. I heard ed8 and hd800 yesterday, I liked them very much, but heard from few authorites for me, that jh13pro is worth money more than ed8/hd800.

My 2nd phones, this time dynamic driver for rock, will be D5000 od d7000, both markI moded.

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #13 of 14
I would get JH13 with HD600 or HD800 if you can afford it or used. I really like an open headphone to go along JH13 for air and better sound stage.

I believe you have the same amps as me, I very happy with maxxed WA6/sophia/6fd7 combo with HD600 and HD800. I sold my HD600 once I got my HD800, there simply no comparison. I usually listen with HD800 with jazz and classical and the rest genre on JH13. The WA6 pair very well with JH13 but with 6ew7 instead of 6fd7.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kubus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, thank ya for shown interest in my case
wink.gif

Well, Im unable to hear jh13 without ordering them, but I finally decided to take the jh13pro as my main headphones. I heard ed8 and hd800 yesterday, I liked them very much, but heard from few authorites for me, that jh13pro is worth money more than ed8/hd800.

My 2nd phones, this time dynamic driver for rock, will be D5000 od d7000, both markI moded.

If you have the funds for D7000 then get it.

D5000 have way too much bass IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back