choosing between LCD-X and LCD-XC
Jan 19, 2014 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FlamingSpazt

New Head-Fier
Hi, although i'm a kinda new member here at headfi i appreciate the forums immensely and they have expanded my knowledge of headphones tremendously. I decided i am going to spend some cash on new headphones and i fell in love with the audeze LCD-X and the audeze LCD-XC. The problem i am facing right now is making a heart breaking choice between the two of them. First it might be smart to explain the situation i'm in, i live in an apartment in Belgium with a semi busy street in front of me. As i am a smoker :/ i keep the window open most of the time so i get some noise in my room but not to much. The LCD-XC looks awesome and as i am a sucker for aesthetics i was kinda leaning toward this model.

There are some questions i have witch i would like to have anserd so if there's a pro headfier out there that can help me out that would be awesome.

1. My concern is that i have heard they are a bit bright and i have recently auditioned the Grado rs1i and couldn't listen to long to them as the treble hurt my head.

2. Another question on my mind is how much better will these sound than my denon AH-D600 as i have no need for another extremely bass heavy headphone. 

3. Will i be able to drive these with my Fiio e17 for a while before i get the cash to buy a decent amp?

4. This is the real hard question to me should i go with the LCD-X or the LCD-XC i do live alone so my leakage is no problem but the street does make a bit of noise ( not to bad) witch might (i don't know) interfere with my music. So if there would be a consensus that the LCD-x sounds better than the LCD-XC i would go for the open phones but if there is only a very slight difference i might go for the more handy closed back.

If you are still reading at this point, thank you very much i know i have a annoying hard to answer question but since i can not audition these headphones here in Belgium this community is my window to the world.

Thanks in advance,

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 6
The best solution will be of course listen to those headphone by yourself(if you get a chance to go to local meet or dealers close to you)
I can give my opinion about LCD-X but it's strictly mine other think differently.

1. It is not a bright headphone like RS1i, it might be little brighter than LCD-2 and 3 but it still has Audeze house sound. that does not mean it make all kind of music sound good, it is good enough to show the quality of records. If the source has sibilance you will hear it.

2. it is not a bass heavy headphones like denon D7000. I always think the strong point of Audeze sound is it's mid not bass

3. It will sound fine with E17 but it won't sound like $1700.00 headphone.

4. I did not have chance to hear LCD-XC, however as for LCD-X, if your neighborhood is not that loud, I won't bother you. I live in NYC where people get little crazy on the weekends but it really doesn't bother me when the music is playing.

Again, this is only my opinion. hope it helps

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 6
Thank you for the very swift reply senson. I am very happy to hear they are not as bright as the rs1i's and if NY isn't a problem for these open headphone's than i'm sure Gent won't be a problem either :) as for the amp i'm looking to update as swiftly as possible but cool that i can at least listen to them for now with my fiio's. Now the only question left is if the LCD-X and the LCD-XC are both listened to in a silent room witch of the two sound best i would think the open backed phones but i have heart that the LCD-XC's sound kinda open as well. If there is somone out there who owns both and could enlighten me on this point that be awesome.

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 6
Both are outstanding headphones. And yes, the LCD-XC's are a bit brighter than the LCD-X, but THEY ARE NO WHERE CLOSE TO THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE RS1i! Not even close so you have nothing to worry there. The LCD-XC are my favourite closed headphones, but that said, if you don't need the isolation of the closed headphones, I slightly prefer the LCD-X.

Jan 20, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Ty MacedonianHero i have read and enjoyed  the reviews you wrote of both headphones. As i have all the info thanks to this site i just have to make a decision when the headphones arrive (whatever type it will be), will post my impressions on headfi when they arrive

Many thanks,
Siegfried

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #6 of 6
  Ty MacedonianHero i have read and enjoyed  the reviews you wrote of both headphones. As i have all the info thanks to this site i just have to make a decision when the headphones arrive (whatever type it will be), will post my impressions on headfi when they arrive

Many thanks,
Siegfried

No worries. 
smile.gif
 Looking forward to your impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back