Choosing a good IEM under $200?
Jan 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

VolumePlus

New Head-Fier
Hi, I was in the market for some entry level IEMs and I don't want to spend any more than $200.
I'll be using it walking in between classes and at home as well. A replaceable cable is a plus.

I was considering the Vsonic GR07 BE for $140, and shure SE215. 
I tried both, but I thought that GR07 was slightly light on bass, and didn't fit my ears as well as the SE215. The SQ was noticeably clear on the GR07, but since I'll treat it roughly, I was concerned about the durability on the GR07.

SE215 seemed durable, and fit my ears quite nicely, but the sound quality was lower, and the sound stage was not very big.

Is there sub $200 IEM that's comfortable, durable and slightly bassy with a good sound quality?

Thanks

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi, I was in the market for some entry level IEMs and I don't want to spend any more than $200.
I'll be using it walking in between classes and at home as well. A replaceable cable is a plus.

I was considering the Vsonic GR07 BE for $140, and shure SE215. 
I tried both, but I thought that GR07 was slightly light on bass, and didn't fit my ears as well as the SE215. The SQ was noticeably clear on the GR07, but since I'll treat it roughly, I was concerned about the durability on the GR07.

SE215 seemed durable, and fit my ears quite nicely, but the sound quality was lower, and the sound stage was not very big.

Is there sub $200 IEM that's comfortable, durable and slightly bassy with a good sound quality?

Thanks

You could try the Shure SE215 Limited Edition. It has more bass than the standard SE215.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 3
The GR07 has a "bass edition" model, which might give you the extra bass you're looking for. There aren't really many IEM's as durable as the Shure's around, gotta make compromises somewhere to meet a price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back