Choosing a DAP
Apr 24, 2016 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

HUM24H

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All :)

So I have been using my Samsung S6 Edge Plus as my main portable source and I have been enjoying it a lot, in fact I really do enjoy the sound signature with my Fidue A83.

But unfortunately my Music collection, which is all MP3 320, has now reach 182GB and considering my 200GB Micro SD card can only store 183GB. Plus I have around 60 albums on my wishlist already to get, so yeah I have officially run out.

I have tried listening to the tracks in MP3 VBR V0 but because I am converting from MP3 320, as I buy my music on Google Play Store, the degradation in sound quality is very noticeable. 

With that said, I need to now look into getting a DAP which has dual Micro SD Card slots in it. Below is a list I currently have:

- Fiio X5 2nd Gen
- iBasso DX80
- Pioneer XDP-100r

I was also looking at the A&K AK100 but the 20Ohm output impedance puts me off. But then I could connect it to an external portable amp to avoid the 20Ohm output impedance.

These are just the ones that have caught my eye for now.

Budget is completely dependent on how much I have left over from pay day at the end of this month but realistically looking at a maximum budget of £500.00.

Hope people can help.

Apr 24, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 2
It looks like I am leaning towards the iBasso DX80.

Prefer the touch screen over the clickwheel of the Fiio X5 and it is much better priced in my opinion compared to the Pioneer XDP-100r.

If people still have advice or opinions I would still love to hear it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back