.:: Choose YOUR most "fun" IEMs ::.
Jan 12, 2006 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

mos86

100+ Head-Fier
[size=medium]FUN = weighty,punchy + not thin + enchanting and rich sound[/size]

It is really interesting to see which one is more "fun".
I really don't care if it is not accurate or it is colored sound.

(Please vote only if you listened them both)

You are most welcome to explain your vote..

Thanks,
mos86.

Jan 12, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploop
e4's. no option.

oh well.

Ofcourse
smily_headphones1.gif

I added "weighty" up there..

Jan 13, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 17
I have a question regardless the poll, which one's more weighty? as I think about it, it is one of the most important things I look for, is there a consensus?

Jan 13, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 17
The etys are much thinner than Shures, but all in all are a bit more detailed. Not as fun so much as precise. Definitely, Shure has the "punch" you're looking for.
EDIT: I also have to put in another vote for E4 though
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaikoten
The etys are much thinner than Shures, but all in all are a bit more detailed. Not as fun so much as precise. Definitely, Shure has the "punch" you're looking for.
EDIT: I also have to put in another vote for E4 though
wink.gif

My feelings exactly, I definitly liked the er6i over the e3c, but they are a bit thin. For me, E4 fixed the only complaints I had with the er6i.

Jan 13, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by cetoole
My feelings exactly, I definitly liked the er6i over the e3c, but they are a bit thin. For me, E4 fixed the only complaints I had with the er6i.

Thanks.. I know the shure e4c may suit me better, but the e3c are 110$ and the e4c are 66$ more. plus will be my first pair of good headphones, ofcourse I have demanding hearing but I don't think It is as demanding as yours, plus I don't care so much for SQ as I care about enjoying the music.

Please let me know what you think and If more people can verify that the e3c are more weighty it would be very nice..

Thanks,
mos86.

Jan 13, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by cetoole

So the E4 retains everything good about the ER6i AND adds a fuller sound? DAYAMM. I think I need a pair! My ER4P/S are tremendously detailed (even more so than my HD650), but definitely not as full and weighty as I'd like. If the E4 is the portable version of the HD650, then I may have to try hard to overcome the urge to get them E4s!

Jan 13, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #14 of 17
I prefer the er6i but I've owned the E3 and I think you'll find them to be more *fun* as you've defined it. Neither one is close to the end all /be all and if you can't go for the pricier models now, be advised, at some point you *will* be upgrading.

Jan 13, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #15 of 17
I guess my vote has to be "none of the above," as I've only listened to the original ER-6 (which I think is discernibly inferior to the ER-4P's).

If we're talking about FUN, my none of the above vote WOULD go to the UE 5 EB's. If I'm listening to real bass-based music (like drum 'n bass, for example), the bass production of these things is fabulous to hear.
basshead.gif
For other kinds of music they aren't as much fun, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back