Choose my next IEM around $200 -250
Nov 19, 2017 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
Hey yall,

I recently sold a pair of headphones and have some spare cash, so I would like to get something more fun for my commute. I'm looking for something that uses an MMCX connector and has great build quality. I enjoy a better than average soundstage, nuetral to warm overall feel, and a little bit of bass but not too much. If you have listened to the P1 which is more of a nuetral tone, you'll understand what I mean. I'd like a little more thump than the P1s currently have!

I listen to mostly classical (film soundtracks), alternative metal (linkin park, hollywood undead), and electronic (anything ranging from diplo to moby). I'm still pretty new to the world of headphones, so help me explore! These will be powered by my dragonfly red. I

As far as things I've been looking at, I've been considering the Campfire Orion, Noble X, Orveti New Primacy, and the IE80.

What other options do you guys have for me or do you have a favorite out of the picks I mentioned? 7/10 chance I will pick these up off AVExchange or here, so you're welcome to go up for $300 for recommendations!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 5
The LZ A4 and FLC8s are favorites around here. They both feature tuning filters that allow you to really tailor the sound to your liking. The FLC8s is a bit more expensive, but it does allow you tune the sound with more precision.

I just got a JVC HA-FW01, and it is really impressive and fits the bill for what you're looking for. Smooth treble, intimate mids, and punchy bass coupled with a very accurate sound stage. I was listening to some new recommended songs on Tidal today, and I was constantly turning around because I kept hearing noises that felt so far away from me.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 5
I'll look at all of those, thank you!

Apr 23, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 5
Anyone know how the Orion pairs with the dragonfly red? They seem fairly sensitive (13 ohms) and the DRF is a pretty powerful beast. Do the Orions get too loud too quickly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back