1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Choose between MH40, HD598CS and M50X

?

Which to get

1. HD 598 CS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MH40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. M50X

100.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Walaycow
    Hi, new here, hope to get some help choosing between MH40, HD598CS and M50X. Currently they are on holiday sale. Want to get the best I can for under 200. Should last me the next 10 years.

They will be as my only pair at home paired with a Xonar U7 sound card with buit in adc headphone amp.

I mainly use these for music, I like music from Elvis, Adele, Jason Marez, Linkin Park, Jewel, and Piano, Guitar, Violins types of instruments and some orchestras.

I like to hear everything accurately, clearly in a relaxed natural manner as the music were intended to sound with proper sound stage.

I currently uses a Sony MDR F1 when it first came out that's falling apart. I like a closed back this time due to now having children in the house. I love it, very comfortable, great stage, but feels its missing something I can't describe when compared to to my floor standing speaker.

Hopefully can get suggestions here. Thank you!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 6:28 PM
  2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    I would take the HD598CS, over the ATH-M50X

Walaycow likes this.
  3. Walaycow
    Thank you so much!

4. JediMa70
    I like more the ATH50 but for the music you like to listen I would go for the HD598 too