Choice between Sennheiser PX360 / Sony MDR XB500 / 700 / V55 ??
Dec 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Yano213

New Head-Fier
Hi all ! I'm new here, my name's Yann, 30 yo, from france, and i'm not sure to be on the right place, sorry for that if not ! 

I'm finally decide to change my Koss porta pro after more than ten year of good and loyal services (1999 !!) I love it, really, but i want a new one, my playlist of music have change since 1999 and i listen now all kind ! But i'm always love with bass, maybe not a basshead, because i try a Beats, and I did slip with the music of Dark Knight Rise, Gotham's Reckoning ... Ok good with hip hop G-funk and electro, but like i said, i switch from Enya at ACDC... 

So i'm looking for a polyvalent headphone, with bass, beautiful and big basses, but the mid and hight need to be great too !!

Also, i listen only with my android Galaxy S3 and application PowerAMP for EQ, and my Laptop MSI with Sound blaster Audigy Advanced MB with THX Studio & EQ. And i don't want to buy an headphone AMP, so this headphone have to be drive easily.

My max budget : 100 € / $ 

My choice for now after lot of hours of reading this forum are :

- Sennheiser PX 360
- Sony MDR XB500
- Sony MDR XB700
- Sony MDR V55
- RHA S950i

In advance, thanks for your answers !

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #10 of 10
If someone read this thread and want some answers,i buy a Sony V55, and how can i say, his just perfect, i was listening music with a Koss porta pro since more than 12 years, i try last week a Beats studio HD, and this just blow away the Beats, far far away... The bass, whoa, he can run the song of the dark knight rises ''gotham reckoning'' with EQ ON without any distorsion, it's crazy !!! Even the porta pro can't run this song corectly ! I try the PX360 and Bose E(something) too before buying the V55, and the same, V55 is highter than them.

Si don't hesite ! The price (67€) is just amazing for the performance !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back