"ChiUniFi 4" the Official and Annual Chicago Headphone Get-together November 13th 2010
Sep 19, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #61 of 239
I am working on a Thank- You collage for the "Friends" of ChiUniFi IV.  Is there anyone attending that could assist with this?  I appreciate any assistance with this.  I have accumulated all the vendor logos but 3 and have contacted these vendors since I couldn't cut and paste them from their website.  I must say, whenever I asked, the vendors for a copy of their logo to use, they were very accommodating.

Sep 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #62 of 239
Have you tried print screen?

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #64 of 239
I've never used google docs, but you should be able to grab the logo with print screen, extract it from the background with photoshop of gimp or whatever and then add it to your presentation.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #65 of 239
I dont think AA is having trouble getting the logos from online.  its the quality of the logo's that probably sucks.  those are maximized for browsing.  the ones he got from the vendors themselves are probably higher resolution.

but I've been wrong once before.

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #66 of 239
Alright group, we just had another friend join in the support for ChiUniFi.  Billy will update post 2 in the next day or two.  Right now the retail value of the raffle prizes with 4 vendors not identifying specific prizes yet has passed ????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????$7,100???????????????????????????

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #67 of 239

Quote:
I dont think AA is having trouble getting the logos from online.  its the quality of the logo's that probably sucks.  those are maximized for browsing.  the ones he got from the vendors themselves are probably higher resolution.

but I've been wrong once before.

Actually, the logos look pretty good as I have been able to extract them pretty well.  If they are locked down, the vendors have provided their logos to me.  It is doing the layout for the collage and making it look professional is where I am failing.  I am not a graphic designer and layouts are not my specialty.

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #68 of 239
ah, I wish I could help with layout, but it isnt my specialty either.  if you cant get any logo's, I can help with a grabbing program.  thats about all I can do.

Thank you so much by the way for all the work you've done with the vendors.  sounds like we're going to be pretty spoiled this year.  I'll bring lots of money for raffles.

Quote:
Actually, the logos look pretty good as I have been able to extract them pretty well.  If they are locked down, the vendors have provided their logos to me.  It is doing the layout for the collage and making it look professional is where I am failing.  I am not a graphic designer and layouts are not my specialty.

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #69 of 239

Quote:
Thank you so much by the way for all the work you've done with the vendors.  sounds like we're going to be pretty spoiled this year.  I'll bring lots of money for raffles.

There will be a lot of prizes so yes, bring lots of $$ for the raffle.  I think you will have a great return on your investment.  

I can't take that much credit, though as I just made the ask.  Maybe it was just a thank you since they were "sorry about my wallet" as I purchased from a lot of these vendors.  I could in all honestly tell them how much I appreciated their product and support of Head-Fi,

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #70 of 239
I'll be there. I don't have much I can bring, but I'll bring my SR-60s and probably my Zune or my MacBook as a source. As for music, I've been listening to Tame Impala's album quite a bit lately.

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #72 of 239

Quote:
Klipsch added! lots of prizes!

its not too late to get in, i will start the member list in the first week of Oct..this is amazing!!

Is anyone my back up in case I can't make the meet?  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back