"ChiUniFi 4" the Official and Annual Chicago Headphone Get-together November 13th 2010
Sep 2, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #17 of 239
I will be making the trip down from Madison. I don't have the most "high-end" gear, but if anyone is interested in hearing some Grado HF-1s and Musical Fidelity V-DAC, they will be available.

Cheers!

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #19 of 239
I have another confirmation from a friend that I have sent to Billy to update ChiUniFi's friends list.

Man, I will have to spend $$$ in raffle tickets with all the friends contributions.  I wonder who started that saying about sorry about your wallet!!!!!!!

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #20 of 239

Quote:
bought my first car at the Chevy dealer by you and used to hit the library by you in high school all the time. check out google maps air view right by 46th S. Archer...Hello Midway! haha
there used to be a music store by you on archer back in the day, cant remember the name though..

Don't remember the music store, but I do remember going to the old Brighton Theater to watch bad martial arts flicks. Put me on the list of attendees :)

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #22 of 239
Man, this is really shaping up, I'm getting even more excited!!  

by the by, I just built a cmoy, does anyone else have any opamps from their cmoys, or from other projects of course.  I would like to try some different ones.  its an odd request I know, but you guys are the ones to ask!!

Billy, I'm fairly certain that the cd player I'll be bringing is digital out.  If your digging the meridian, lets go with that.  I'd love to hear it.  Actually, I think the cd player has two audio outs, we could try two dacs if you wanted to bring another.  totally your call, I'm thankful for the one.  Thanks again!

Sep 4, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #26 of 239
ChiUniFi IV has another friend that joined us making it 18 so far.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #28 of 239

I'll definitely be there.  I had a great time at last year's meet and look forward to coming out again.  My rig isn't too fancy, but I'll bring it along anyway.

source: Oppo 980

amp: Yamaha R-700 receiver

headphones: Grado SR125, iGrado (with Senn 414 pads)

I would love to try out some new gear this year.  If anybody has a Grado RS-1i and a Grado 325is, I would love to compare these side-by-side.  I'm also curious to finally try out the Sennheiser HD800, if anybody wants to bring that along.  I've also never tested the Headamp GS-1 or GS-X, so I'd love to try these out also if possible.

I'm stoked about this year's location.  I live in Hyde Park just off of Garfield (55th Street), so it's quite easy for me to get there.

Many thanks to all who are putting this together!

Sep 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #30 of 239

Quote:

can anyone and everyone tell me what their favorite artist/song is? just wandering...i mean just one of those random "make the event better" thoughts...

thats a pretty tall order billy.  I'm sure we'll all have a tough time with that one.  any particular style your looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back