chips and keyboards don't mix
May 8, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
that works great for the big chunks but the greasy feel on the mouse from the oils in the chips is just NASTY man !

gives me the brrrrrrs just thinking about it
eek.gif

They have micro-vacuums, why not invent the micro-steam cleaner for computers? Or how about a mouse drive-through car wash, using 100% alcohol for rapid dry with helper fans??

There's a infomercial somewhere in these ideas...

May 8, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #17 of 31
maybe trained ants with little scrubbies...........?

or maybe not now that I actually think about it.Trained or not a dirty stank computer mouse will draw critters of some type and this is not something you want marching in a line across the desk singing Orc songs

(oWeee oh OwwwwWoe....oWeee oh....OwwwwwwWoe... )

May 8, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #18 of 31
I don't know if it's because I invested a lot in my peripherals, but I clean them completely every couple months, to the point that I put most of my keyboard through the dishwasher and use alcohol soaked pads on the disassembled mouse parts.

That and it feels so nice and new after it's cleaned.

May 8, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #19 of 31
I don't use hands to eat chips anymore. Just tip the bag up and 'drink' the chips, so to speak. takes a bit to get the skill down, but my mice arne't covered in cheezit anymore.

May 8, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #20 of 31
C'mon guys, you don't need to buy a keyboard every 6-12 months. Just get this one:

fl01.jpg

It's flexible, washable, portable, dustproof and waterproof. No more problems with chips, coffee, etc.
tongue.gif

May 8, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #21 of 31
Places like Lajo (www.xskn.com) have these (somewhat dorky looking) silicone keyboard cover type things. They might be for macs, but maybe there are some available for your general $20 keyboard shape, heh. I never used one but I suppose if you're really not wanting ketchup on your keys, it might be useful to have it handy....

May 8, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Places like Lajo (www.xskn.com) have these (somewhat dorky looking) silicone keyboard cover type things. They might be for macs, but maybe there are some available for your general $20 keyboard shape, heh. I never used one but I suppose if you're really not wanting ketchup on your keys, it might be useful to have it handy....

Ii have seen clear plastic keyboard covers,kinda sorta computer profolactics but they remind me way too much of those geeky pocket protectors (revenge of the nerds)and no way I allow them anywhere near me !

If nothing else I am the Anti-Geek !
tongue.gif

May 8, 2005 at 2:18 PM Post #23 of 31
Maybe a dog to lick up after me !

As long as the dog is not a Saint Bernard and not a real drool factory it should dry fairly rapidly and be ready for action
icon10.gif

May 8, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

It's flexible, washable, portable, dustproof and waterproof. No more problems with chips, coffee, etc.

but are they WHAM proof ?

that is the real test of time on my desk
cool.gif

May 8, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

I don't use hands to eat chips anymore. Just tip the bag up and 'drink' the chips, so to speak. takes a bit to get the skill down, but my mice arne't covered in cheezit anymore.

every time I try that I end up untucking my shirt to shake out the crumbs !

Man that is even worse a feeling than a greasy nasty computer mouse
eek.gif

May 8, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Ii have seen clear plastic keyboard covers,kinda sorta computer profolactics but they remind me way too much of those geeky pocket protectors (revenge of the nerds)and no way I allow them anywhere near me !

If nothing else I am the Anti-Geek !
tongue.gif

Well said
tongue.gif
To be honest, I don't have much of a food-sticky keyboard problem. I use something called a napkin
icon10.gif

May 8, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #27 of 31
I prefer a large wide bowl. I then just stick my head in and eat whatever my tongue grabs hold of. My hands stay clean and a wipe with a napkin every once in a while does the trick.

May 8, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Well said To be honest, I don't have much of a food-sticky keyboard problem. I use something called a napkin

i can walk and chew gum real good but have serios problems withtyping and wiping at the same time
wink.gif

I type at the speed of thought but since my typing skills suck wood and possibly the worst of any human with as many hours of keybord time It is like feeding the starving when i eat and post.

Jam it all in.crumbs flying,type a word or two,reload and jam.grab the mouse

AAAARRRRRGH !

greezy nasty funk mouse
tongue.gif

Quote:

I prefer a large wide bowl. I then just stick my head in and eat whatever my tongue grabs hold of.

I think someone could lose an eye bobbing for chips man
wink.gif

May 8, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #29 of 31
I'm pretty sure that the next plague or deadly bacterial strain will come, not from some super-secret government research facility, but the depths of my keyboard.

I should probably replace it soon.
tongue.gif

May 8, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

I should probably replace it soon.

WHAM it man !

works for me every time
tongue.gif

In fact I am due for a WHAMMO any day now.I got my eye on this really cool cordless keyboard with all the.......................
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back