chip.de DAP sound results
Apr 28, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 5
I'd take reviews in mags like CHIP with a grain of salt. Good old c't (the only computer mag I'd still buy) may no longer be as great as in the olden days, but these are a lot worse still. Partly the guys writing the articles only get the measurements and then have to write something around these, or so I read a few years back.

Apr 28, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 5
"does more detailed and professional sound-testing ALL THE TIME."

Um... not where I'm standing. The iPod results are way off to start with. My German's rusty but in a quick perouse there's no indication of the methodology involved. Is there a link somewhere?

Also, (unless you're amping of course) you never hear the 'ultimate' SNR figures. Why don't magazines / anyone else test with a reference listening volume and place more emphasis on that? I do.

Apr 28, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Also, (unless you're amping of course) you never hear the 'ultimate' SNR figures. Why don't magazines / anyone else test with a reference listening volume and place more emphasis on that? I do.

Can YOU provide the ultimate SNR figures for the dap's that you own?

I know you have some of the same players that they tested, and would be curious to see how your results compare?

I have no idea how to get any of these results - so i would be interested in objective results to those that they posted....

(I wish they had compared the Nano in there...)

Apr 28, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #5 of 5
I think I'll wait until the fanboy noise kicks up and then drop it in, breeze-block style as per usual
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back