Chinese Speakers?
Dec 22, 2006 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

TempleOfEar

Banned
currently i'm looking for the most bang for the buck speakers to fill my small apartment. I go on ebay and see so many great deals at so many different price range, I decided I'll spend up to $1000 as long as it's the best deal price/performance wise. It's $1000 i can't really afford but I don't care- I'll go as far as shipping them from china if i have to! which brings it to my question... do any of you know anything about chinese speakers? I figure since their amps are such great bargain, some of their speakers must be same- and my dad is currently living in china right now so aquiring them wouldn't be any problem for me. I hope this thread gets big. thanks.

Dec 23, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 11
such as?...
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 11
Ive heard Elite Aesthet MKII pretty extensively in an audio shop, and they're a seriously nice pair of speakers for the money. They use scanspeak drivers and the fit and finish on the product is nice (cept the drivers are wrinkly, but thats just the nature of the scanspeaks). They have great balance and pretty serious bass.

If you're buying direct from china then you may be able to get it for around $1000. Otherwise, I'd look into other speakers by the same brand

I haven't had a chance to listen to a wide range of chinese speakers, but i know that at least those ones are good

Dec 24, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe Usher is manufactured in that region, Tiawan is that close enough? I have heard many different models here in So. Cal and they all sounded excellent. Good luck.

No political discussions, OK?
biggrin.gif

Usher is indeed a Taiwanese speaker company. I haven't heard any of their speakers, but I always see positive reviews of them.

There are many speakers, not just drivers, made in China nowadays. Klipsch, Energy, and Tannoy comes to mind. Not to mention companies such as Quad, Mission, KEF, and Celestion are now owned by Chinese parent companies.

Dec 24, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive heard Elite Aesthet MKII pretty extensively in an audio shop, and they're a seriously nice pair of speakers for the money. They use scanspeak drivers and the fit and finish on the product is nice (cept the drivers are wrinkly, but thats just the nature of the scanspeaks). They have great balance and pretty serious bass.

If you're buying direct from china then you may be able to get it for around $1000. Otherwise, I'd look into other speakers by the same brand

I haven't had a chance to listen to a wide range of chinese speakers, but i know that at least those ones are good

Ooh, I LOVE all things birds-eye-maple.

bemup0.jpg

Dec 24, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 11
And for "cost-no-object" Chinese speakers, Usher BE-10 at around $14K would be my personal choice. The Beryllium tweeter AND midrange is a wonderful thing. Try as might, I can't think of any speakers, no matter the country, that I would rather buy at this price point for my sonic preferences.

be10kb5.jpg

Dec 24, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 11
av123.com (Onix)
swans
Usher
Aurum Cantus
Quad
Von Schweikert (VR4jr and below)
LSA

Thats only a handful of great chinese speakers.

Dec 25, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #11 of 11
How about this ...?

20051018112855671.jpg

I have an 'All-Chinese' listening session scheduled for Tuesday involving a pair of these as well as a pair of Jungson monoblocks and a matching Jungson preamp.

Their finish is superb in person. I just hope their sound is on par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back