Chinese PMPs -> Ainol
Feb 26, 2009 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RAFA

Headphoneus Supremus
HI

I think I am going to buy the ainol v3000hd. It seems to have some nice features... It can play many formats. The important thing is that it has the Cirrus Logic CS42L52 DAC.

Is there anybody who has this player? Maybe can give me some information about SQ. Is that a good DAC?

It is the price that convince me (~150$). It also has some nice features like minisd slot, 16GB, 800x480 display, it does FLAC...

thanx

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 6
Yer, I was thinking of getting one too, but 'coz didn't seem to know/see anyone who ahd any exp. with it, i turned in favour of Cowon...
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW did u end up getting one? thoughts?
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi

Cool that sombody answered me. Hmm it will take some weeks... First I have to get money on my Paypal account... then it will take some weeks for shipping.

I will definitely buy one, because of the low price and it promised specs. Actually I was thiniking about buying a s9 too, but at the moment I just have 150$ to spend. I hope that it sounds good. If not i will try to mod it, just like the DIY Imod.

As well, I think it has much potential too, because the Cirrus Logic CS42L52 does 24/96, even though I do not know if they implemented it in the player.

When I listen to it, I will give a short review about it.
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 6
yup rolls of the tongue
smily_headphones1.gif
! lol

great name !

whats the chances that this DAC /CODEC - CL one is very similar to the one they use in the current IPODs ? built in headphone amplifier etc - all sounds familiar

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 6
I hope the SQ is similar to the new Ipod generations. A lot of people here at head-fi are satisfied with the SQ of the the Ipod Touch 2g.

I could not find out what chip the new Ipods exactly use, but on the Cirrus Logic site there are only 3 codecs that are low voltage:
CODECs

And yes, minisd sucks, but I will use a microsd to minisd adapter, so i think there should be no problem.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back