Chinese new mini AMP!
Mar 20, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

And not that Rick and I generally agree but holy poop that seems like buffers for the sake of buffers...

very_evil_smiley.gif

and not a heat sink in sight
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
very_evil_smiley.gif

and not a heat sink in sight
tongue.gif

Well they do have a heatsink somewhere

6_120691.jpg

(upper left corner)

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #19 of 28
holy moly... do phones really NEED that much current reserves? That looks like enough reserve power (voltage / current) to power a small stereo.

Garrett

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Well they do have a heatsink somewhere

yeah,the artificial ground circuit and not the audio signal circuit so he don't burn up the buffers trying to drive the other buffers
rolleyes.gif

Read the data sheet on the BUF-634 folks.You ONLY get the full current output delivery if you properly heat sink the buffer and the reason for the metal tab is not because it looks "cool" but to allow the internal transistors to be cooled by attaching a large chunk of heat dispersing metal to it.
you take an unheat sinked metal power tab pack buffer then close it up in a case where there is zero air flow and you do not get close to the rated output.

you are looking at probably a 6WPC amp if properly heat sinked but no more than what a single buffer would do (other than reduced out Z) if not.Kinda the cart leading the horse in my opinion

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

holy moly... do phones really NEED that much current reserves? That looks like enough reserve power (voltage / current) to power a small stereo.

it is deceptive.That amp does not put out the current it seems (see above post ; ) )

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #22 of 28
Oh well. If less than $100 I would still buy it and remove the buffers since we are on a shortage of BUF634s
biggrin.gif
Oh and I'd have a nice case for another amp, a fake blue velvet pot and a nifty battery pack to play with
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Oh well. If less than $100 I would still buy it and remove the buffers since we are on a shortage of BUF634s

assuming they are not counterfeits.Very common from what I can tell with chinese amps and have done the math on a few by adding up what parts would cost even in quantities of 10K and when compared to final amp cost before it is even cased up no way !

There is zero way some of these amps have what they claim to be inside and in fact go to such great lengths to show in close up shots and sell for the asking price.the parts if legit cost more than the amp so who is conning who ?

am I to seriously beleive someone is building and then selling amps at a loss ? They are just in it for the service to humanity ?
Or would it be more beleivable they are either cloning the parts (counterfeits) or slipping a "Black Gate" sleeve (for example only !) easily printed on a low ball suspect generic cap .

Mar 21, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
What does "BS" stand for? Perhaps not the best choice of acronym...
icon10.gif

Buffer Saturation

Mar 21, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #28 of 28
I'd have to say that after amb noted the knock-off Alps pot that I seriously question the integrity of the rest of the amp's components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back