Chinese IEM recommendation, ~$50
Oct 10, 2014 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SanguineDrone

Head-Fier
Hello,
I'm currently in China for a bit and I was wondering about any Chinese brand IEMs that I could pick up here for a little cheaper than in the US, or just try them out somewhere.

I'm looking at somewhere around $~50. I won't be using an amp or anything, just my laptop, phone, or Xonar DG.

I want a great bang-for-buck IEM with a strong midrange and good separation of instruments. I like hearing vocals and midrange piano/instruments, and I like my bass to be tight and not overbearing. Good high frequency extension is a plus, and I very much dislike hearing sibilance.
I also very much care about microphonics; I hate them and I like to move around a lot while listening. My ears are a little small so I like the size/shape of my VC02s, they're small and light, and allow deep insertion so they isolate well.
I don't care much at all for any accessories, cables, or whatever, just as long as it won't need an amp to achieve good performance.

I've got a pair of Vsonic VC02s and Xiaomi Pistons. I like the VC02 profile a lot better; the pistons are okay but I don't like the sound signature.

If there really isn't anything a lot better than my VC02s I'll just keep them and wait. I'm just looking for something with an amazing price and notably superior performance, if there's nothing in China that's fine, please feel free to recommend other brands, but I'll just have to wait till I get back. Also if it has a microphone/buttons that's a plus but not a necessity as I sometimes have to switch back to my Pistons to call/video chat.

Thanks for reading.

Oct 11, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Have you tried the Soundmagic ES18 or E10?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/review-soundmagic-es18-measured

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #6 of 6
Hmmm I'm taking a look, and it seems like the type I might like, but they're in much lower price bracket than my VC02s, which I thought were a pretty decent buy at the $35 I paid for them. They're now like $45 or $50 I think. Are they better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back