Chinese headphones?
Mar 14, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jvbb2005
I ain't gonna to talk about politics here.
There are quite a few chinese brands I have tried. They have good price/ performance ratio but in terms of quality they are still no AKG / Senn.
And yes, lots of reserved engineering but mostly on AT cans but so far haven't seen any Grado/Senn clones yet.
Still takes a long time before Chinese headphone makers can do something meaningful to the headphone community, IMO.

You know I have read from an industrial report that 90% of the headphones are made in China now, of course, this figure include those cheap buds too.

As for quality....china can produce some high quality products too eg. Apple computers are now all made in the Shanghai factory, Dell in Xieman.

most of the computers are built by foreign companies like acer, compal, quanta, etc, who have very high quality standards. the local companies still lag behind but with that being said, lenovo seems to be building some pretty good stuff. their recent purchase of ibm pc division will give them a significant boost in quality and technological ability.

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #17 of 17
I am from Hong Kong, and recently, there is a crazt about an IEM call H260 from Edifier, one of the more famous brand in mainland China. It is an OEM version of EP630 of Creative and I think its likewise to Sennheiser CX300.

The performance value of H260 is far greater than its retail price, for something like USD 13.00, you can get a pair of IEM which is rich in base, but at the same time, very detail and balance well, also the sound isolation is good too. the result is better after hours of burn in. In many ways, it is better than many of the earbuds by sony. But of course you cannot compare with the like of UE, ER and Shures.

Personnally, I think it is a poisonous lead to the obession of great sound, as I have now ventured into the world of Headphone with the obession for better sounds and details.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back