bbish

New Head-Fier
Rock Mulas

Price: 8.99 us

Company: Rock

Type: in ear headphone

Build quality:

9/10

The Rock mulas have a High end feel, They have a full metal body with a braided cord. The connector is a straight gold plated aux jack. The earbuds are really light only weighing 12 grams. The cable is tangle free and is not to thick. The only problem I have with the build quality is the button/ mic, it is full plastic and does not feel like the level of quality the rest of the earbud is at. The tips are silicone and come in three sizes. The earbuds are vary durable. Overall the earbud has a solid construction that is eye appealing yet light weight.

Packaging/ Accessories:

5/10

The packaging was basic and easy to understand. The earbuds slide out and are displayed on a clear plastic tray. The medium size ear tips come preinstalled. Above on the plastic tray are two more sets of tips. Inside the box there is a usage manual and a warranty card, both in English and Chinese. There is no carrying case or bag included. However, at a price of 9 dollars us, you cant expect much.

Comfort:

7/10

These earbuds come with the basic silicone tips that fit well, however they do fall out with the basic ear tips every once and a while. They are pretty comfortable with the max listening time at around two hours. These could have been more comfortable with a wider verity of tips. For the price the excel my expectations.

Sound:

7.5/10

For 9 dollars you cant get any better earbuds. These are well balanced earbuds that have a frequency response of 20-20K HZ. These earbuds are not bass heavy or overpowering. they have a nice warm feeling. They are good for the average user. Overall, these have a great sound that you cant beat for 9 dollars.

Conclusion:

Overall: 7.5/10

These are great earbuds for the average person. They are well built and have a full metal construction. They look good and sound great too, for 9 dollars you cant pass them up!

I got mine from Shenzhen HCkexin Electronic Technology Co. on Aliexpress.

I cant recommend the seller enough, she answers all my questions and is very nice. It got to the us in a little over a week and a half. I have purchased many products from her and she never disappoints. The link to her store is

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1825606

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Earbud Review: Rock Zircon Stereo Earphone

Price:13 USD

Company: Rock

Type: in ear

Build Quality: 10/10
The build quality on the Zircon rocks is impressive. The jack is a 3.5 gold plated L shaped jack. It is all metal and the cable is a nice braided nylon cable. The why separator is all metal and coming out from that is 2 plastic cables moving up the earphone we have a nice all metal microphone and one button assembly. Getting to the earbud housing they are ceramic and have a nice shape and is comfortable to wear. The earbuds tips are all white and have a durable feeling. These earbuds stepped it up from the rock mulas in every way they improved on the mulas by making an L shaped jack and they also made the plastic mic/button assembly all metal. These are built nicely at a great price.

Packaging/ Accessories : 8/10
The Rock zircon earbuds come in a nice magnetic box that is slim yet eye a peeling. It has a magnetic closure and when you open it up the closer it reveals the headphones through a clear window and a picture of them. When you open them up they are in a nice matt white packaging that is form fitted to the earbuds. They also come with 3 sets of silicon ear tips. Overall the packaging is a big step up from the rock newest and a lot of other products in the price range.

Comfort: 8.5/10
These headphones are pretty comfortable and have a wide range of sizes available the silicone ear tips fit nicely in the ear and are lightweight. The earbud has a angled design to perfectly align with the ear canal . This allows for the earbud to fit nicely in the ear and stay in the ear. These are pretty lightweight and do not pull on your ear. However, the only thing that would make these a little bit more comfortable is if they may be included some foam tips.

Sound: 8.5/10
These sound amazing compared to any other product in this price range. They have a nice present bass that is not obstructing the mids or high. Compared to the rock Mulas they have great sound that is more rich and present. Volume is also louder then the mulas.

Overall: 8.5/10
These earbuds are highly recommended, have great sound and have better build quality. These earbuds are all around great quality and execution. If you're looking for a sound rich earbuds at a low cost while not sacrificing quality or sound I suggest these.

I cant recommend the seller enough, she answers all my questions and is very nice. It got to the us in a little over a week and a half. I have purchased many products from her and she never disappoints. The link to her store is

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 6
Kz ED9 Review:

Price: 11 USD

Company: Kz
Build Quality: 7.5/10
The KZ ed 9 have pretty good build quality. There is a 3.5 gold plated L jack that is plastic. The cable is a dark see through color that is non braided. Even though the cable is not braided it does not get tangled easily and does not get dent into one shape. You can see all the wires inside the cable which makes it unique and multi colored. The Y splitter is kind of cheap feeling compared to the rock products. The mic is plastic with a one button assembly, however the one button does not work on Android devices or Apple products. I may have a defective product but the mic still works. Moving up to the earbud itself it has a nice full metal rectangular shape with interchangeable nozzles. It is pretty heavy however, it gives them a sturdy indestructible the feeling. The only complaint I have is to make the connectors metal and make the mic work other than that the earbud itself is built like a tank and it looks good. If these issues were fixed it would easily become a 10/10.

Packaging/ Accessories: 9/10
The KZ ed9 comes in a plastic container that holds 3 extra ear tips and has A phone cut out that's molded to the earbud. This case doubles as a carrying case and A packaging. Overall these earbuds come with for sets of gray and red ear tips. There are one small pair, 2 medium pears, and 1 large pair. These earbuds are special because they also come with interchangeable nozzles that change the sound of the earbud. One thing that could be improved with the packaging is maybe a bigger retail box instead of the carrying case, but overall these have a lot of accessories, and a carrying case for this price.

Comfort:8/10
These earbuds come with the same grey and red style silicone ear tips. They fit in the ear nicely. The only reason why these are not super comfortable is they are kinda heavy. However this is not a big factor. You cannot really feel them in your ears while they are in because of the ear tips. Overall these are pretty comfortable given the size and weight. I would like to see KZ offer more of a selection of ear tips like maybe a foam set of tips to.

Sound:9.5/10
These earbuds are really special because they have interchangeable nozzles. One nozzle is made for bass and it has a deep cone-shaped look that gives the earbuds subwoofer type bass. The other nozzle is a regular that makes your music sound clear, balanced and clean I really recommend these if you do not know what signature you want when buying a earbuds, because you can select your desired sound quality with the removable nozzle for that reason I give it a 9.5 out of 10 because of the diverse sound options.

Overall :8/10
I really recommend these earbuds for people who do not Know what sound they want I also recommend them for people who listen to a wide variety of music so they can adjust the earbud to their type. These earbuds have great packaging and accessories, the build quality on the actual earbud housing is great and the cable looks cool. However I think KZ can improve on the connectors and the mic. Unfortunately I got a bad set where the mic does not work but at this price I can't complain.

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #4 of 6
KZ HDS1 Earbud Review

Price: 11 USD

Company: Kz

Build Quality: 9/10
The KZ HDS 1 have a nice lightweight build quality. The jack is a 3.5 L shaped gold plated jack that is plastic. The cable is the KZ clear cable that has a cool unique look. This cable does not tangle even though it is round and not nylon braid. The Y connector is plastic and it is small. I have the Mic less version. The earbud housing is metal and it is really small. These earbuds are good for people who don't want the attention that a large over the ear headphones or large earbuds would bring. They come in a wide variety colorful colors. They are also pretty lightweight, they have a cylinder design with 3 equally spaced holes in the back. The earbuds have the KZ grey and red ear tips and they also came with all black your tips. Overall these have great build quality the only thing I would improve on is making the connectors all metal, but besides that these earbuds are small lightweight with a nice metal housing.

Packaging and Accessories: 5/10
I was a little disappointed with the packaging and accessories of the KZ HDS 1. It came in a really small matte black cardboard box. On the box it had pretty cool looking shiny purple writing that says KZ acoustics and it had their logo. On the back it has the specifications in shiny purple. Inside the box you will find the earbuds in a circular roll tied together with a zip tie. You are also find a set of KZ grey and red silicone ear tips, along with black ear tips. They come with A total of 6 pairs of silicone ear tips. Overall I am kind of disappointed especially after comparing the packaging to the KZ ed 9 packaging. I would like to see KZ do a better job and improve on the packaging however at this low of a price I don't know if you can expect a lot more.

Comfort:9.5/10
These earbuds are so small compact and lightweight you don't even feel them in your ear. These are probably some of the most comfortable earbuds I have because you can't even feel them. They are lightweight and do not tug on your ears. The ear tips are great. I can recommend these earbuds two kids or small people or people who don't like big earbuds.

Sound : 7.5/10
Man, these tiny things pack a punch. They are surprisingly loud, but do not have a lot of bass, which is acceptable because they do not have room to house a big driver. They have piercing highs and ok mids. Overall these would be good for someone who is still using the stock earbuds.

Overall:7.5/10
These earbuds are small compact and lightweight, while offering a loud sound and a wide frequency. They look nice and are pretty comfortable. I would recommend these to any kid or small person or someone who does not like big bulky earbuds. Comparing these to stock earbuds you get with your phone these are a big improvement.

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 6
YINJW IE800 Wooden

Price: 16 USD

Company: YINJW

Build Quality:7.5/10
The build quality on the ie 800 wooden version is OK. They have a gold-plated 3.5 straight jack. It looks really nice and it has a gold finish to it the cable is a weird color of brown, but it makes the product feel feel good. The Y splitter is all gold which makes it look professional the actual earbuds are encased In Wood. This makes them have a light feeling. The reason why I gave these a low score for build quality is because the actual earbuds don't feel that sturdy. I think if there are little bit more heavier it would solve the problem. Another issue I had with them was the ear tips . I felt like they did not fit ears well, but that could easily be fixed by adding aftermarket your tips. Other than that they look great.

Packaging/ Accessories: 8/10
The ie 800 wooden version come in a square black box on it it has pictures and Chinese writing. When you open it up there is a cheap plastic feeling area where the earbuds are held. It comes with 3 extra sets of black silicone ear tips however they do not feel that great. It's also comes with a clip to attach the cable to a shirt or clothing.

Comfort:7.5/10
The comfort on these is ok. The stock ear tips are not comfortable. They also fall out of your ears. However this can be fixed by putting aftermarket eartips on. These are also lightweight which give the earbuds a nice feeling in your ear almost like they're not there.

Sound:9/10
I really like the sound these. They have the best bass I have heard out of any earbud at this price. They have a lot of bass presence and it sounds good. The mids and the highs are ok and can become blurry but that's expected for any music product with this much bass. I recommend these for anyone who listens to music that has a lot of bass.

Overall :8.5/10
These are one of my more favorite pairs of earbuds. I really like the sound however, other people may not like the amount of bass. The build quality is pretty good except for the feeling of the earbud itself. I think if the earbuds or slightly heavier they would feel more solid. These earbuds have a nice Premium, unique look that makes them stand out compared too other products in this price range.

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #6 of 6
Lz 02a
Build quality: 4/5
The headphones feel nice to the touch. They have a round cable that is see through but tinted a dark color. One big plus is that all the connections are metal that has a brushed gold look. The button is great and it makes everything look nice. I took points off because there was small things wrong with the quality control , for example it was not clean cuts in some areas.
Sound 5/5
You can't expect much from a 30 dollar headphone, but I can tell you you get that and much more. It has a open design so other people can hear your music pretty easily. The soundstage is not as big as the rock zircon, but it has punchy bass that is also sharp. The highs and mids are pretty good, they are not distorted by the bass. Overall the sound quality is the best in this range, the headphone has a slightly warmer taste to it.
Package 4 /5
It came in a medium sized black box, which is nice but the company did not spend a lot of time on it. However they did include a lot of accessories. Like they included 2 full sets of different times of tips. They also included over the ear adapters and a cable clip.
Overall 4.5/5
These Headphones cost around $30 and they're just exceptional. They have great sound with a darker feeling and bass. There build quality is on point with full metal connections and a nice clear cable. I can't recommend these enough for people who want to spend a little bit of money to get a a great headphone. I bought these from Teresa at Aliexpress. They came to the US in only 8 days from when I ordered it. They where shipped out the day I place the order.
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32612048503.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back