Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #11,701 of 33,689
Hey, UiiSii CM5 owners - what do you make of the mesh in the nozzle. If you shine a light on the mesh, you can see there is a silver foil "cover" directly under the nozzle mesh. It looks like it's 100% blocking the nozzle. If you very gently push on the nozzle mesh with a toothpick, you will see the metal foil underneath 'flex'.

The mesh is glued on with some pretty serious soft glue, so I don't want to destroy everything just to see what the deal with the foil is.

I wonder if the foil is acting like a passive radiator (if that's eve possible)? I've never seen anything like it in an IEM. There's no holes or pores in the foil - it's literally solid and covers the whole diameter of the nozzle.

It doesn't show up on photos, so sorry I can't post what I'm seeing. But if you remove the eartip on your CM5 you'll see what I'm talking about. Very weird.

Sep 22, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #11,702 of 33,689
Hey, UiiSii CM5 owners - what do you make of the mesh in the nozzle. If you shine a light on the mesh, you can see there is a silver foil "cover" directly under the nozzle mesh. It looks like it's 100% blocking the nozzle. If you very gently push on the nozzle mesh with a toothpick, you will see the metal foil underneath 'flex'.

The mesh is glued on with some pretty serious soft glue, so I don't want to destroy everything just to see what the deal with the foil is.

I wonder if the foil is acting like a passive radiator (if that's eve possible)? I've never seen anything like it in an IEM. There's no holes or pores in the foil - it's literally solid and covers the whole diameter of the nozzle.

It doesn't show up on photos, so sorry I can't post what I'm seeing. But if you remove the eartip on your CM5 you'll see what I'm talking about. Very weird.
Intriguing.. Loud speaker designers use radiators all the time......

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #11,703 of 33,689
I received the Tennmak Piano recently I picked up during an Aliexpress sale a few weeks back and I have to say I was quite disappointed. Although they have a warmer presentation than the Tennmak Pro they lack the detail and quality that the Pro provide. They are comfortable to use and provide a decent seal, which surprised me given their significantly different design but I really wouldn't recommend them over the Tennmak Pro or as an alternative to them. Another note worth pointing is that the Tennmak Pro doesn't fit the Piano as the MMCX connection is more recessed on the Piano.

Sep 22, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #11,704 of 33,689
I received the Tennmak Piano recently I picked up during an Aliexpress sale a few weeks back and I have to say I was quite disappointed. Although they have a warmer presentation than the Tennmak Pro they lack the detail and quality that the Pro provide. They are comfortable to use and provide a decent seal, which surprised me given their significantly different design but I really wouldn't recommend them over the Tennmak Pro or as an alternative to them. Another note worth pointing is that the Tennmak Pro doesn't fit the Piano as the MMCX connection is more recessed on the Piano.

the Tennmak Pro is already pretty warm already

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #11,707 of 33,689
Apparently there is a 2016 version of the piano and a 2017 version. I have read about the 2016 version being very sub bass heavy with a very bright top end. I bought the 2017 version and was underwhelmed with the sound. It's a safe sound signature, and definitely not what I was expecting. I wish there was a way to pick up the 2016 version to truly compare them. My version aligns with what you are describing to a T. I ordered the new tennmak trio's and they just arrived today. They are very reminiscent of the pro's and my early impressions are pretty positive overall.

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #11,708 of 33,689
Apparently there is a 2016 version of the piano and a 2017 version. I have read about the 2016 version being very sub bass heavy with a very bright top end. I bought the 2017 version and was underwhelmed with the sound. It's a safe sound signature, and definitely not what I was expecting. I wish there was a way to pick up the 2016 version to truly compare them. My version aligns with what you are describing to a T. I ordered the new tennmak trio's and they just arrived today. They are very reminiscent of the pro's and my early impressions are pretty positive overall.
Looking forward to more impressions after you've spent some time with it.

Sep 23, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #11,709 of 33,689

I don't think I'll be ordering the Trio any time soon. I wasn't able to understand the difference between them and the Pro in terms of sound quality so I hope someone measures them and reviews them. For now though, I think my two Pro will do.

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #11,710 of 33,689
Just had a lovely experience wearing the Shozy BKs with a wooly hat. Holy moly that was fun. The hat of course stopped them from shifting, kep them largely in place and added a bit of bass I think. Maybe it was just the extra isolation.

Anyway, perfect headphones for wooly hats... at least these are as good as I'll need for my commute. So I guess a steal at the price.

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #11,711 of 33,689
Just had a lovely experience wearing the Shozy BKs with a wooly hat. Holy moly that was fun. The hat of course stopped them from shifting, kep them largely in place and added a bit of bass I think. Maybe it was just the extra isolation.

Anyway, perfect headphones for wooly hats... at least these are as good as I'll need for my commute. So I guess a steal at the price.
I've had this experience - sometimes a cap can add the little bit of extra pressure to the iem that you need!

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #11,712 of 33,689
I've had this experience - sometimes a cap can add the little bit of extra pressure to the iem that you need!
I may need to move somewhere where I can wear a wooly hat 12 months out of the year -- instead of just 8.

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #11,713 of 33,689
Sep 23, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #11,714 of 33,689
Greenland??
THAT would probably work.

There's only two regions in Greenland that hit 50 in July...

Not sure that I'm a Greenland kind of guy.

Maybe Iceland? No, too warm. Maybe northern Scandinavia? Maybe I could work in one of those reindeer parks...

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #11,715 of 33,689
THAT would probably work.

There's only two regions in Greenland that hit 50 in July...

Not sure that I'm a Greenland kind of guy.

Maybe Iceland? No, too warm. Maybe northern Scandinavia? Maybe I could work in one of those reindeer parks...
Reindeer and earphones.... Sounds utopian man. :call_me:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back