Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #20,971 of 33,689
Hi all, what would be your recommendations for a pure BA less $200 with excellent technical abilities, balanced/neutral tonality and great extensions at both ends (sub-bass at least good)?
I'm thinking something with Knowles is a safer choice as they usually have better speed/transients than chines counterparts.

Right now I'm targeting Toneking T4 or Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 - leaning more towards the first one. I'd appreciate additional comparison from someone who has heard both, mainly in bass section and overall technical abilities.

Thank you all in advance and Happy New Year everyone!

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #20,974 of 33,689
Though, I am American :flag_us:...I want to say Happy New Year all the way from China :flag_cn: to all head-fi members around the world!

Now, for my latest Top in-ear earphone to score a perfect 10 and 2nd place with a 9.9 on my personal list to end 2018! :trophy:

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

NOTE: Top position will go towards PRO SOUND RATING (PSR)

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

P_20181216_171412_2.jpg

CCA C10

HD Driver + 4 BA Drive Units per side with CCA exclusive crossover network
PSR: 10
SS: Premium sound quality! -deep punchy sub-bass, excellent clean vocals, silky pristine hi-end details with solid and superior soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 10
OP: 7
OV: 10
COMMENTS: Give them at least 20 hours of playtime and they'll blossom to grant you supremacy at such a low price over more expensive models!...These are definitely a perfect 10 in PSR!

P_20181216_173620_1.jpg

KZ ZSN
10mm Titanium Film Drivers + KZ's exclusive 30095 BA Armatures
PSR: 9.9
SS: Luscious and energetic with plenty of hi-end details/micro-details, life-like MID's, and fast effortless bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
COMMENTS: When purchasing with the light copper cables (or clear/silver cables), you get a glimpse of what could have been a very expensive hi-end signature model at a killer price! No doubt about it!...Simply irresistible!

To know more on my personal favorites on my list of in-ear earphones, please visit my profile...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

Cheers! :wine_glass::wink:

-Clear

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #20,977 of 33,689
Though, I am American :flag_us:...I want to say Happy New Year all the way from China :flag_cn: to all head-fi members around the world!

Now, for my latest Top in-ear earphone to score a perfect 10 and 2nd place with a 9.9 on my personal list to end 2018! :trophy:

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

NOTE: Top position will go towards PRO SOUND RATING (PSR)

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

CCA C10

HD Driver + 4 BA Drive Units per side with CCA exclusive crossover network
PSR: 10
SS: Premium sound quality! -deep punchy sub-bass, excellent clean vocals, silky pristine hi-end details with solid and superior soundstage and resolution!
COMMENTS: Give them at least 20 hours of playtime and they'll blossom to grant you supremacy!...These are definitely a perfect 10 in PSR!

KZ ZSN
10mm Titanium Film Drivers + KZ's exclusive 30095 BA Armatures
PSR: 9.9
SS: Luscious and energetic with plenty of hi-end details/micro-details, life-like MID's, and fast effortless bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
COMMENTS: When purchasing with the light copper cables (or clear/silver cables), you get a glimpse of what could have been a very expensive hi-end signature model at a killer price! No doubt about it!...Simply irresistible!

To know more on my personal favorites on my list of in-ear earphones, please visit my profile...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

Cheers! :wine_glass::wink:

-Clear

have u tested with AR Rahman songs above???

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #20,978 of 33,689
have u tested with AR Rahman songs above???
Yes, both the C10 and ZSN sounds very good with AR Rahman songs!...I love to hear many genre selections from around the globe!
Was listening to Roja-Violin Cover ft Dream Track! ...Awesome track! :thumbsup:

ZSN plays AR Rahman songs clearly and clean, but C10 will tame any harsh or sibilance that may arise in a more natural manner while keeping the song real.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #20,979 of 33,689
Yes, both the C10 and ZSN sounds very good with AR Rahman songs!...I love to hear many genre selections from around the globe!
Was listening to Roja-Violin Cover ft Dream Track! ...Awesome track! :thumbsup:

ZSN plays AR Rahman songs clearly and clean, but C10 will tame any harsh or sibilance that may arise in a more natural manner while keeping the song real.
thanks....Roja-Violin Cover ft Dream Track is not from Rahman...

AR Rahman music is accoustically rich in sounds... i think the it needs a specific type of IEm or earphones that have a Vshape, sparkle and sub bass with large soundstage

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #20,983 of 33,689
Dec 31, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #20,984 of 33,689
Wow, that hype train derailed quickly!

Just 2 months ago it was supposed to be the end game earphone of the century. What happened?

The centuries have become more compressed than a low bitrate MP3?

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #20,985 of 33,689
Wow, that hype train derailed quickly!

Just 2 months ago it was supposed to be the end game earphone of the century. What happened?
I'm was thinking the same thing seems like it was only last month people bought them up left and right. That's the one really crazy thing about Chi-Fi one week the IEM you bought is the most amazing thing ever the next it's the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back