Chili Peppers Single "Dani California" released!
Apr 4, 2006 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

OogeleyBoogeley

100+ Head-Fier
In addition to Dredg, (Check the thread) I am a huge RHCP fan, spanning their entire catalog. I enjoy the weird sounds of their first 3 albums, but the masterful work came when John Frusciante joined the band.

They just released their first single "Dani California" off of their new album, "Stadium Arcadium"!!

http://www.redhotchilipeppers.com/news/news.php?uid=161

It sounds really really good, combining the harmonic sound of By The Way with the harder edge that Californication and BloodSugarSexMagik had. THey also released their tour locations... too bad I'm stuck in central Indiana
frown.gif

Check it out! It sounds awesome!

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by OogeleyBoogeley
In addition to Dredg, (Check the thread) I am a huge RHCP fan, spanning their entire catalog. I enjoy the weird sounds of their first 3 albums, but the masterful work came when John Frusciante joined the band.

HERESY! Vile, unbelievable HERESY!

The George Clinton produced funk out of "Freaky Styley" and the primal energy of "Uplift Mofo Party Plan" both with Hillel Slovak on guitar are the epitome of the RHCPs career.

evil_smiley.gif

Thanks for the heads up about the new music, though.
icon10.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 25
gonna have to concur with BillC. the Chili Peppers forever lost their mofo mojo with the passing of Hillel Slovak.

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 25
I'm with Oogley Boogley. To me, the Chili Peppers really came into their own when Frusciante came aboard.

Not that I don't appreciate what Hilel brought to the table, but I feel that Frusciante brought a smoothness and cohesion to their dynamic.

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 25
Blood Sugar Sex Magik is still my fav but I'll always be a fan and with the exception of Californication I've really enjoyed their stuff so I'm looking forward to this one. Have to wait til I get hom to listen though... no sound card at work
mad.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Blood Sugar Sex Magik is still my fav but I'll always be a fan and with the exception of Californication I've really enjoyed their stuff so I'm looking forward to this one. Have to wait til I get hom to listen though... no sound card at work
mad.gif

Ditto.

Left my 'phones at home but it sounds pretty good even through my crappy desktop speakers. Looks like early to mid-May for general release for STATIUM ARCADIUM. It will be a double album too.

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by OogeleyBoogeley
Check it out! It sounds awesome!

not too impressed.. don't like it. maybe it will grow on me.

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
not too impressed.. don't like it. maybe it will grow on me.

Agreed. Doesn't seem to have the same hooks that previous RHCP singles had.

Apr 4, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 25
In no way am I saying that this sounds like their best material yet. I remember when By The Way came out, no one really liked it because it was too mellow and slow. This song sounds a lot like Gong Li which was a B-side on Scar Tissue. It has a nice mellow sound but still has a bit of off-beat funk and edgyness to it. I still really like this new sound.

I like the sound of it even though it is missing a good riff (Can't Stop, Suck My Kiss) I'm just hoping that the album combines all of their elements over the years.

I do like their earlier stuff, but compared to their more mainstream music it just sounds weird to me. I like in "Good Time Boys" how they have those little blips that sound like all bland 80's pop/rock, then they go into their crazy sound. The stuff with Hillel sounds a heckuva lot funkier, but not nearly as polished as their later music.

Apr 5, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #11 of 25
the chorus is way too poppy to be rhcp. what the hell. i thought they were supposed to get back into da funk man! this sounds like that song from the "OC" ... CALIFOOORRNIIAAA CALIFORNIAA etc.

Apr 5, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Agreed. Doesn't seem to have the same hooks that previous RHCP singles had.

I love there older stuff and I want to like it. Again I am not a hater but I just don't really care for the sound. Maybe there be other tracks I will like and this is there pop single track.. I dunno...

Apr 5, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #14 of 25
LOVE IT!! Just Rockin stuff!! Can't wait for the whole album! I've been listening to the Chili Pepper pretty much from the beginning, love how they keep evovling. I think to understand what RHCP are doing you have to have listened thoughout the years. This single sounds like mounding some old style RHCP with the new. Just rockin.

Apr 5, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy
LOVE IT!! Just Rockin stuff!! Can't wait for the whole album! I've been listening to the Chili Pepper pretty much from the beginning, love how they keep evovling. I think to understand what RHCP are doing you have to have listened thoughout the years. This single sounds like mounding some old style RHCP with the new. Just rockin.

i don't think selling out needs such deep analysis.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back