Chick Corea - Akoustic Band
Aug 17, 2001 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jerikl

500+ Head-Fier
Wow... for any of you jazz lovers out there that haven't already checked this out, go get it... now
smily_headphones1.gif

I had listened to some of Chick Corea's stuff in the past and had never really liked it before this cd - now I'm going to have to go searching for more like this.

It's cool to just sit back and chill too... plus, awesome musicians here... Chick Corea of course on piano, John Patitucci on bass (and if you haven't heard this man on bass yet, ohhh man), and Dave Weckl (this is equally sweet) on drums.

Heh, and if you think you know the tunes on this cd, he really changes 'em up - some of them are really hard to recognize unless you just know the chord changes really well.

Anyway, check it out. And if you end up not liking it - not my fault.
smily_headphones1.gif
Oh, and it's also recorded well, added plus there.

Aug 18, 2001 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 9
Yea, the marching band that I'm in is going to play one of his songs for the field shows and competitions. I listened to the song on CD (band hasn't started yet) and it was great - I don't remember the name of the song, though.

Aug 20, 2001 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 9
Ahh... yuck... marching band. I did marching band for 4 years in high school. It's a very big thing there... really close to 400 members marching on the field... at the same time. Kind of some crazy stuff, it was fun then, but it also sucked. Overall though, I'm glad I did it. Jazz, for some reason, seems to be like the devil there though... it's just not done... or at least not supported
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 20, 2001 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 9
I've been in a jazz band for the better part of 3 months. Marching band starts with high skewl.....in another sweet year.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 20, 2001 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 9
Serow: 12 years? My god man. What kind of marching band was it?

coolvij: Heh cool man. I'm really into jazz playing... I play in a big band and a combo at school, although I like combo playing so much better... and occasionally, I'll sit in with people on their gigs. It's fun stuff.

Aug 20, 2001 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 9
Yes, nothing beats performing good music. Not even listening to it on a SUPERB setup.....even listening on an ORPHEUS - well, only a solo beats that....
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2001 at 12:34 AM Post #9 of 9
Jerikl, I was a member of the Regina Lions Band for 12 years, from age 7 to 19. I was in the concert and marching bands for all 12 years and jazz band/combos for 6 years. I went to Chicago about 4 times on our summer tours through Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Florida for the Orange Bowl Parade. We competed in the Mid American Competing Band Director's Associtation. BTW, I love Chicago!

I'll definitely have to check out beneath the mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back