Chicago Spring Meet Saturday, April 24th
Mar 22, 2004 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 108

reynman

500+ Head-Fier
It's a go for the Chicago Spring Meet! We will be gathering at VanL Speakerworks on Saturday, April 24th from Noon - 5:00 p.m. Set-up time starts at 11:00 a.m. John (the owner) stated we could stay a bit longer but I figure SOME of us have lives to get back to. The address is:

5704 North Western Avenue.

Just a few blocks North of Foster Avenue. Please check for directions on MapQuest. There is plenty of street parking on Western Avenue. VanL is on the west side of Western Avenue.

We have contacted some of head-fi's sponsors, hopefully we will have some gear to listen to other than our own.

The owner is being very gracious with his space. We can have food and sodas. We can not have any alcohol since we may have some under 21s attending.

There will be enough outlets (32 in one room!), but please bring your power strips and/or extension cords. Does anyone have any contacts to get 6 5-6 ft long tables? Please PM me if you have any you can spare. We will have enough chairs.

Please add to this post with the gear you will be bringing.

Open invitation to all head-fiers near and far!

Regards - reynman

Mar 22, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 108
I might or might not be able to make it, dunno exactly yet but I will have a better idea as the date gets closer. I live in the far west burbs so the location is not the best for me but if I'm free I'll try to make it
smily_headphones1.gif

I have: computer with Audigy 2 (which I probably would not bring), NEC CDR-602 drive (don't have a DAC yet though), Total Airhead old 2AA style, Sennheiser HD545s, Ety 4Ps with various adapter thingies, Koss Sportapros, modded Koss Plugs.

Mar 22, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 108
I'm in, too!

But I'll be carrying less equipment than the amount that I had carried to my previous two Head-Fi meets.

So, my setup will consist of:
  1. Sources:
  2. iRiver SlimX iMP-350 PCDP
  3. Sony D-EJ2000 PCDP

Headphones:
  4. Grado SR-225 (with flat pads)
  5. Sennheiser HD 555
  6. Sennheiser HD 600 w/Cardas smurf cable
  7. Sony MDR-7506

Amp:
  8. Grado RA-1

Various Accessories

Mar 24, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #11 of 108
I should make it but I think I will be bringing much less gear this time.

I think I will bring:

Grado SR325
Grado RS1
Grado HP-1000 (HP2)
Audio Technica W1000
Headmaster
Corda HA2
Philips 963sa
Outlaw ICs
Signalcable power cords

Please let me know if you really want me to bring any of the above to make sure it will be there
smily_headphones1.gif

Other gear including some 6 other headphones by request only. Please check my profile.

See you all there!

Mar 24, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #12 of 108
Any chance we could get the new HeadRoom Total BitHead in for a demo from Headroom?

Mar 24, 2004 at 8:13 AM Post #13 of 108
Hey guys, what is the typical procedure for demoing canalphones? I'd love for fellow Head-Fiers to try my E5's if they choose to but I'm a little paranoid about it (had some bad experiences with wax when I let someone try them out before). Maybe buy a pack of disposable foamies? It's a shame though because, IMO, the E5's sound so much better with the tri-flanges. What do you guys think?

Mar 24, 2004 at 11:49 AM Post #14 of 108
usually its disposable foamies, thats how Shure was demoing their stuff at the last meet

Mar 24, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #15 of 108
dariusf,

We should be getting the new TAs from Headroom as well as other goodies.

See you there.

Regards - reynman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back