CHICAGO SLANG (for any in coming people to our Great City.)
Aug 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #31 of 42

Quote:
Pizza pot pie

The best place to get them is Chicago pizza and oven grinders.  2121 N Clark street.  also get the garbage pale salad and the mediterranean bread.  

I love that place! I lived in Chicago for 10 years, and CPOG was one of my favorite places to eat. Don't forget the oven grinders, they're also a good choice.

May 29, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #33 of 42
LOVE the list...grew up on the northwest side, lived from portage to the border (up by the chain) for 40 years...THEN...deep breath...i moved south...tn/ky and now near baton rouge......i have a friend that said "ok, explain this to me, do people in chicago NAME rooms after countries? you refer to the frenchroom.....do you have an italian room or a greek room?".....i am in my mid forties, i still use "jewel bags" to line my bathroom trashcan and i tell people to "hang a louie" under the "Viaduct"....no one knows What i am talking about...i have brought southerners home and they say everyone in chicago talks like they are in a mob movie....i say that maybe everyone in mob movies TRIES to talk like they are from chicago....theres no good bread here......none...its all too sweet...no good crusty gonella i ate as a kid and turned over in the bag, so my ma didn't see my teeth marks in the jewels.....i miss caputos....a good produce mart is like my tiffanys diamond case...it's SO pretty!.....i occasionally NEED to be cooler by the lake and you tube to garage wine and hear frank sinatra and slip on by on lsd and the CPD bagpipes...gus macker???...walk in a free zoo????? walk and eat and walk and eat and see history and eat?.......and billy goats and old style? and sigh, christmas.......

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #34 of 42
Actually if you in da hood you heire diffrent stuff like

Merchhhh-that basically means put that on some or swere to god

Thots-thot means that.hoe.over.there but u can say it like bye thot ass bish

Shorty-shorty refers to a girl mostly but u heire girs ssy it to guys nd girls in a sentence yea im bout to go meet my shorty over by king drive she finna give me some top

Finna-about to

Top-head or sucking dick

If you need more plese contact me on here or email me at tatianaglenn15@gmmail.com i reply really fast i stay in my email so yea

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #37 of 42
I finally tried a Chicago style hotdog with all those toppings, not in Chicago though but in Atlanta and I really enjoyed it. So if I do go to Chicago I will look forward to the Chicago hotdog.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #38 of 42
Didja mention that da coach was coach of da Bears. The greatest football team on da planet.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Joliet Rick

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #39 of 42
New Head-Fier here. Lived in Chicago for a number of years. Hope to move back some day. Suddenly I have a craving for a Polish from Jim's Original.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #41 of 42
  When I lived there I used to ride the "El" train to school.

I still vividly remember Marshall Fields, the Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry.

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #42 of 42
Don't get me started on "Willis" Tower. It's the Sears Tower. Always has been and—as far as I'm concerned—always will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back