Chicago over Los Angeles....
Apr 14, 2007 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
There are two cities that I truly love, and predictably both cities were finalist for the USOC's bid to host the Olympics. By most media reports, the IOC is likely to choose whatever comes out of the United States, making this a rather important decision (as oppose to NY's BS bid a a couple of years back).

I actually was on LA's wagon for most of the trip, writing early blogs promoting the city and placing bets with all kinds of Chicagoans that the LA would get it. However, over the past few months, I've seen how the windy city has come together in support of this measure, while Los Angeles couldn't really care less... Thus, I'm far happier that Chicago got it. Angelinos will shrug their shoulders and move on.. but Chicagoans might have jumped into the lake if they didn't get it.

This should be fun....
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...l=chi-news-hed

Apr 14, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 24
What, LA was in the running for the Olympics??

Apr 14, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 24
oh man,.,,,,no!!!

they can't even clean up tree branches falling on peoples heads and now this?

I really don't want the Olympics in my City, more traffic and more B/S
If they want something good in sports then help the cubs win a world series...

I am so not joking about this..please international Olympic people don't take Chicago...maybe somewhere like umm..Iraq?
redface.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh man,.,,,,no!!!

they can't even clean up tree branches falling on peoples heads and now this?

I really don't want the Olympics in my City, more traffic and more B/S
If they want something good in sports then help the cubs win a world series...

I am so not joking about this..please international Olympic people don't take Chicago...maybe somewhere like umm..Iraq?
redface.gif

I'm with you. Traffic is already so intolerable. I can't imagine what it'd be like with the Olympics in town.
mad.gif

Apr 15, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 24
crap.....i was hoping that jack bauer and CTU would get the opportunity to save the US olympic team from the terrorists..now all i can look forward to is the weird hotdogs that chicagoans seem to think rock...

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now all i can look forward to is the weird hotdogs that chicagoans seem to think rock...

Yeah, we tend to dress our hot dogs with (practically) everything except ketchup (as opposed to many other cities which seem to be content dressing up their hot dogs with just mustard)...
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, we tend to dress our hot dogs with (practically) everything except ketchup (as opposed to many other cities which seem to be content dressing up their hot dogs with just mustard)...
wink.gif

Why so many peeps be hatin' on da ketchup?

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why so many peeps be hatin' on da ketchup?

Actually, the hot dog vendors here don't put ketchup on their hot dogs by default (and many won't do so even if you ask them); instead, if you do want ketchup on that hot dog, you'll have to put it on yourself...
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the hot dog vendors here don't put ketchup on their hot dogs by default (and many won't do so even if you ask them); instead, if you do want ketchup on that hot dog, you'll have to put it on yourself...
frown.gif

Oooh I did not know that. I eat most of my hot dogs at home so I can customize my condiments. I actually don't think I've ever street vendered a hot dog before. Hmm...I'll need to write that down.

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by error401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, from my very limited experience, neither city is worthy. They both seemed to be dirty, uninteresting cesspools when I was there. Though granted I only spent a few hours in each.

I can't speak for L.A. since I've only driven through there, but I've never heard anyone who has spent a decent amount of time in Chicago characterize it as uninteresting, and it's about as dirty/clean as any other major American city I've been to unless you're talking about the ghettos.

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't speak for L.A. since I've only driven through there, but I've never heard anyone who has spent a decent amount of time in Chicago characterize it as uninteresting, and it's about as dirty/clean as any other major American city I've been to unless you're talking about the ghettos.

Yea, it pretty much seemed like any other American city to me. I think my distaste for LA bled over onto Chicago in that comment a bit. And my distaste for O'Hare probably taints my opinion of Chicago.

Just ignore my comments hehe.

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by error401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, from my very limited experience, neither city is worthy. They both seemed to be dirty, uninteresting cesspools when I was there. Though granted I only spent a few hours in each.

Why would you post a statement like this after spending a few hours in each city? Are you looking to get into an argument? How about reaching deep down and saying something nice or nothing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back