Chicago Mini Meet - Saturday May 14th
May 5, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #61 of 91
Please come to the meet. Ray indicated there was room when I talked with him recently. Just come to meet the head-fiers is reason enough.

My brother lives in Valpariso. I would just use Google maps to find the route. The only way I know would be I80 to I90/I94 up to Skokie.

May 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #63 of 91
Sorry but I'm not going to finish my Crack amp with Speedball upgrade in time for the meet.

I will bring the headphones that I mentioned.

If anyone wants me to still bring the Oppo for cd's let me know.

James

May 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #64 of 91
As long as the wife doesn't decide to drop the baby that weekend I am there.  Getting more interested in really seeing what everyone else is using out there.

Quote:
Please come to the meet. Ray indicated there was room when I talked with him recently. Just come to meet the head-fiers is reason enough.

My brother lives in Valpariso. I would just use Google maps to find the route. The only way I know would be I80 to I90/I94 up to Skokie.

May 7, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #65 of 91
We are now just 1 week away.  Can't wait to see everyone.  It should be a great mini meet.  

There is still room for a few more if anyone else is still on the fence. 
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #66 of 91
Quote:
If the stars align, the new DARK STAR could make a guest appearance.

I just looked that up on Ray's site.  For $DEITY's sake that's insane.  Its good to know I can weld with it when I'm done listening to my headphones.

He just should have double one-upped Schiit by calling it the Ragnarok....

May 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #67 of 91
If any one has the LCD-2 please do bring them as I have the balanced cable from Moon Audio. We can listen to them on the DarkStar amp. I do have the HE-6 with balanced cable from Moon audio also.
We have limited outlets so please bring what ever AC wires you have to share with others.
Looking forward to seeing you all this coming Saturday.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

May 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #68 of 91

Quote:
If any one has the LCD-2 please do bring them as I have the balanced cable from Moon Audio. We can listen to them on the DarkStar amp. I do have the HE-6 with balanced cable from Moon audio also.
We have limited outlets so please bring what ever AC wires you have to share with others.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Ray,

I can bring two Whiplash/Locus Design power cables with me, as well as a HE-500, courtesy of Fang.   My HE-6 will not be available as it is being hardwired.  Also, the portable gear shown (iPad 2/Solo/iBasso DB2/SR71B+HE-500).    Just as a fleeting initial impression as I started the burn-in, but the sound signature--using the balanced stock cable of the HE-6es--reminds me of the balanced R10s in terms of sound stage and midrange performance.  It takes a fraction of power out of the SR71B to drive than it's older brother.   Should be pretty exciting to listen to it with Ray's source gear and the Dark Star prototype.

Sorry for the low-qual iPhone photos.

Thx,

L.

May 9, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #71 of 91
Does anyone have any high resolution jazz or vocalist CD's to bring to the meet?  Ray has a fantastic CD player that would play these and it would be great to get to hear his new Dark Star with his CD player and high resolution CD.  

May 10, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #74 of 91
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Ray I currently have jvlgatos set on loan. I will ask him if I he is ok with me bringing it over.

May 11, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #75 of 91
I talked with Ray today and the "Dark Star" has landed.  The casework came in yesterday and Ray was able to get it anodized as well.  He was putting the back plate on it when I called.  Thank you Ray for going the extra step to have it available for all of us to get a chance to listen to it Saturday.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back