Chicago Mini Meet - Saturday May 14th
Apr 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #31 of 91
I can bring the new iBasso DB2 DAC and the Algorithm Solo with Whiplash TWag v2 adapters to hook up my SR71B and iPad 2 as the source...or any other source for that matter.

Can also bring the new reference XLR3 TWag v2 IC to try how it sounds with Ray's system if people are interested.

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #33 of 91

Quote:
Quote:
Can also bring the new reference XLR3 TWag v2 IC to try how it sounds with Ray's system if people are interested.

When I was last up at Ray's for CanJam, I recall Craig dropped off his balanced Reference Interconnects at Ray's.

I know.  These are the next-gen version of those.  I also have the RCA version.  Much improved dampening, shielding and jacketing, plus the V2 upgrade.

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #34 of 91
I really want to go. Unfortunately, I'll be in New Orleans that weekend (and probably more than a few drinks in) :D

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #35 of 91
Thanks for the explanation warp08. Did Ray say what length he needs? Seems like it was 2 meter but I could be totally off given it was a year ago. The build quality looks even better than the previous version.

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #36 of 91

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation warp08. Did Ray say what length he needs? Seems like it was 2 meter but I could be totally off given it was a year ago. The build quality looks even better than the previous version.

He didn't respond to my question, so I decided to let the man work on his new amp instead.  I bring what I have.  I'm also testing these from MIT with my new system:

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #39 of 91
He didn't respond to my question, so I decided to let the man work on his new amp instead.  I bring what I have.  I'm also testing these from MIT with my new system:

Interesting. I have wondered about adding those network boxes since it just adds another piece into the signal. However, I know MIT and Transparent have been pretty successful.

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #40 of 91
I'll be in town and would love to stop by if there's still more room.  I can bring anything in my sig that's portable.  

Apr 24, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #42 of 91

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting. I have wondered about adding those network boxes since it just adds another piece into the signal. However, I know MIT and Transparent have been pretty successful.

Those boxes are heavy like a brick.  They give you suspenders for them to prevent cable strain but the eval copy is only 1M long and I had a hard time to install them in behind my rack so they don't pull on the XLR sockets (and connectors) which is not covered under warranty if the solder joints separate due to constant pull.  If I like them I need to get the 2M version for sure because of them boxes.

I'm reserving judgment on the Analog Oracle 2.2s until the initial break-in is complete, but the MA-X digital cables have already proven their worth.  Whatever the "articulation setting" pot does, it works as advertised.

According to the dealer, despite their high price, they can't keep them in stock.  Now dealers say these kinds of things from time to time.  But if a used one pops up on Agon it's usually gone within a day or two.

Apr 24, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #45 of 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Back