Chicago Mini-Meet - August 2nd
Jul 21, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #31 of 69
^ The people who come to the meets are the best head-fiers IMO.
They are willing to share their knowledge and their gear for others and that is a true love of the hobby. Plus, they like to have fun too...why else be social?

Jul 21, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #32 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ The people who come to the meets are the best head-fiers IMO.
They are willing to share their knowledge and their gear for others and that is a true love of the hobby. Plus, they like to have fun too...why else be social?

I would most certainly agree. And for any first-timers, you are absolutely in for a treat. Even now I think about my first meet nearly every day - it was that important of an experience for learning about and experience the joy of headphones.

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #33 of 69
I'm a noobie, and this is my first meet. I am trying to figure out what tunes to bring. should I bring cds? or should I burn some lossless to my ipod? or both? not sure how the system sources will be set up. suggestions?

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #39 of 69
Hi all

I was thinking about getting back in to headphones. If there is room for one more I would be interested in attending. See some old friends and whats new and exciting in the world of headphones ...

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #40 of 69
Darius it would be nice to see you again. I hope you can make it.

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #42 of 69
No need to be sorry - that's good!

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #44 of 69
Thanks Skylab, it would be nice to see everyone again. I stayed out of touch and out of the headphone world besides my portable setup for quite some time. More due to the lock of time then interest. Need to dust off the gear, hopefully it still works
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #45 of 69
I see the gear list is rather substantial. Is anyone interested in vinyl? I can bring a RSA XR-10B. My turntable is much too hard to travel with, however - especially if I take Metra.

I might, however, rent a car. If anyone is coming from downtown or Lincoln Park, we can maybe share the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back