Chicago Mini Meet 4/19 Picture and Impressions thread.
Apr 22, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #46 of 48
Just want to say it was great to meet everyone and listen to all of the different systems.

I really think I need to get a laptop based server going for the next meet.

Thank you to CryHavoc and Skylab for getting this meet going.

I look forward to the next one!

Andrew

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #47 of 48
Sorry I missed you all on Saturday. I was really looking forward to it, but I got caught up at work on Saturday morning (we have a big bid due this week), and on a better note, I was able to pick-up my turntable from Music Direct. Music Direct has had it since early January to upgrade my tone arm to an Sme IV (I still have the Rega 300 for two arms on the table), and I also purchased the new S class Benz-Micro LP. My wallet ihas been dented, but the turntable feeding my RS XR-10B and RS B-52 through balanced AKG 701's is exquisite. By the way, I also swapped the 5687 headphone amp tubes on the b-52 with Tung-Sol's purchased from tube depot with very good results. The tubes were only $9.95 each on sale from $34.95.

Lastly, is anyone going to Florida for the meet? I am flying in on Friday evening and staying at the meet hotel. It would be great to get together with some Chicago area people with there. Let me know.

Apr 25, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #48 of 48
I was planning on going but it was raining when I got up so I decided to not go for fear of getting my headphones wet.

Those B&W speakers look great!

Hey P_o I will be at CanJam from Chicago so look me up. I get down there on Wednesday afternoon around 4:00PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back