CHICAGO/MILWAUKEE JULY 11
Jul 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #151 of 183
I might not be able to go. My dad is taking me golfing tomorrow. But don't be surprised if I show up!

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #152 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like it's going to be a 12-mile bike ride for me. Oh well, good for exercise?
normal_smile .gif

Where are you going to put the girlfriend?

Jul 10, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #153 of 183
Hi guys and gals,

I'd like your input on the Raffle (all proceeds to go to Headfi.org) since we have some big $$$ items to be raffled. My hope is that everyone walks away from the Meet feeling like they had a great time and an equal opportunity at all of the gear.

What do you think about a Raffle every 1 hour, kind of like a day at the horse or dog races? Here is what I was planning:

1. Sell tickets for the next raffle only after the previous raffle has been completed.

2. Write the names of each piece of gear on a slip and put in a hat.

3. After all tickets have been sold for raffle number 1, someone pulls a name of a piece of gear from the hat. Someone else pulls a winning raffle ticket from another hat.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 until everything is raffled.

That way people that come and go at different times will have a chance at participating in the raffle.

I guess there were disgruntled people at some previous Meets, where one guy gets a cheap velcro Ipod case, and another gets a $200 amp.

This way if you didn't get what you wanted the first time you can buy more raffle tickets for the next one.

Do you see any problems with this? (Aside from the extra work of selling the tickets)

Disclaimer: These items were donated by all of the Vendors and Manufacturers listed on the first post. Any warranty or problems that may occur will have to be handled through them.

Also, I will not be participating in the raffle and neither will any of my family members. (insert usual lottery/raffle disclaimers here)

I WILL, however be taking advantage of Germania's cool mini-mini cables at only $2.50 a pop! (I already asked for 3)

I also took advantage of the free shipping on a Woo Audio Stand. I happen to be waiting for it, along with other stands ordered by other members, to show up as I type this.

If anyone disagrees with this way of raffling the items, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Andy

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #154 of 183
One of the rigs I will be bringing.
8fdf9c0b.jpg

No, your eyes are not fooling you.....it is just a really tiny netbook computer.
Basically been my work rig.

I am saving the bluetooth dac/amp one-box for this weekend. No caps in the signal path anywhere! That also includes the DAC as it has an embedded buffered output.

Ray, I can't wait for you to hear it. I eagerly await everyone's criticisim so I can improve it later.

Still, I wish I could find a rotary encoded digital potentiometer with at least 64 steps. 32 steps is just not enough. I miss having a knob.

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #155 of 183
Andy:

In general your idea sounds good to me - I see the proceeds from the raffle go to Head-fi?

Thanks, and looking forward to it,

Rob

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #156 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are you going to put the girlfriend?

Oh I was gonna have her push the bike while I pedal...

Actually, initially, I was planning on getting a ride there, but the future father in law (the only one with a car) is 72 years old and I don't want him to spend 1 1/2 to 2 hours (2 round trips total) driving on his weekend. We're extremely tight on money so we can't get a taxi. No bus will take us to Kenosha. So, it looks like it's just going to be me. Sad, because I really want her to be there with me. Neither of us have ever tasted the sound of high-end audio.

But, hey, it'll be a chance for me to pretend and imagine that I'm participating in the Tour de France.

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #157 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang my manager is being a d**k and wouldn't give me off though he promised it earlier last month when I originally requested it.

Wait, you can't go? Is your brother also not going?

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #158 of 183
How about you group the amps and players together for one raffle where tickets are more expensive and then group the LOD's and other stuff in a lower price raffle?

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #159 of 183
^shhh!

Jul 10, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #160 of 183
Well I get off at 1:00 in the afternoon. Unfortunately this is too late for Logwed and now am out of a ride. Isa there anyone in Milwaukee that can hitch me a ride? Perhaps some one coming up from Illinois? Please!!

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #162 of 183
I hope someone here can help out by giving me a ride.. I'll give ya a HD485 if ya gives me da ride!

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #163 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have decided to bring my RSA Stealth and Bel Canto DAC2 but haven't decided on the transport yet. It will be the Acurus ACD-11, the Oppo 983H or a surprise. I also may have a surprised tube appearance for the Stealth if UPS comes through with the Friday delivery.

Forgot to mention the Headphones but they will be HD600s and AKG702s. Also, I may have a possible surprise here depending on shipping.

The surprise transport didn't ship so it will be the ACD-11. However the surprise tubes did arrive.

cv181_1.jpg

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #164 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got email today from Michael at SoundEarphones and he has graciously agreed to send me a pair of Ultrasone Edition 8s to bring to meet for everyone to listen to.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f115/u...-stock-431575/

The Editions 8 arrived. They had about 24 hours of burn in so I will try and get a few more hours before I head out in the morning.
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #165 of 183
ok this may comes a bit late, but i'm definitely going, hitching a ride from jvlgato ( thanks john!) and this is what i'll be bringing:

macbook, ipod touch, futuresonic atrios, senn IE8, crossroad HR1, crossroad woody 2, Senn hd600, heed canamp, little dot mkiii with sovtek 6H30Pi and lm ericsson 403b goldpins tubes and audio g.d compass dac, and free Silclear for anyone!

PS: if anyone will like some little dot tubes, send me a pm and i'll see what i can do for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back