CHICAGO/MILWAUKEE JULY 11
Jul 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #138 of 183
Ok guys,

I bought 20 Neutrik connectors.
So as long as no more than 10 people want to make Mini-mini cables we should be fine.
A set of two connectors will set you back $2.50 (cheaper than if you went and bought them yourself).

$2.50 to build your own hi-fi Mini-Mini cable without the need to buy wire, equipment, solder, flux, etc.

There will be two stations available. One will be with a well loved pencil iron (with an extremely well tinned tip) and the other is a cheap station I picked up for $25 last weekend. Sorry, my Auyroe SMT rework combo station stays at home for obvious reasons.

If anyone has a spare set of helping hands that would be awesome. I only have one set that is portable. They are well loved as well since they used to be my grandfathers.

Looks like right now I will be able to have a pair of 120ohm SFI ortho drivers in an Fake ESW9 frame, just waiting for drivers. Hopefully they can fool a few people.. :p

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #139 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok guys,

I bought 20 Neutrik connectors.
So as long as no more than 10 people want to make Mini-mini cables we should be fine.
A set of two connectors will set you back $2.50 (cheaper than if you went and bought them yourself).

$2.50 to build your own hi-fi Mini-Mini cable without the need to buy wire, equipment, solder, flux, etc.

There will be two stations available. One will be with a well loved pencil iron (with an extremely well tinned tip) and the other is a cheap station I picked up for $25 last weekend. Sorry, my Auyroe SMT rework combo station stays at home for obvious reasons.

Is this going to be going on all throughout the meet or just a certain time?

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #141 of 183
-=Germania=-, I can help you out with it. I'm pretty good at soldering as long as you have flux.

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #142 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa, Strohmie is back! I think the last meet you were at was the one we were at in Central Illinois at Audio Addict's. I don't think I will be able to make it Saturday but I am glad you will be able to make it out.

Mm, I think the last one I went to was in Michigan at some point in the distant past, but I can't remember how long ago that was. Three years? Something to that effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvlgato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you flying in? Looks like I'll be driving by O'Hare anyway.

Looks like I'm just going to grind it out on the highways. It's only seven hours, no big deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That will be great. Are you bringing you self built CD player?

That's long since been torn to shreds, unfortunately. The next potential project is to mod out a squeezebox or sonos type device but that's still in the planning stages.

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #143 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mm, I think the last one I went to was in Michigan at some point in the distant past, but I can't remember how long ago that was. Three years? Something to that effect.

Looks like I'm just going to grind it out on the highways. It's only seven hours, no big deal.

That's long since been torn to shreds, unfortunately. The next potential project is to mod out a squeezebox or sonos type device but that's still in the planning stages.

Hey buddy, nice to hear from you again. I have a big place you can crash on the sofa on Saturday night & head back home on Sunday. I have another friend staying over night. We can spend the evening listening to some vinyl
on speaker system.
Ray Samuels

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #144 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey buddy, nice to hear from you again. I have a big place you can crash on the sofa on Saturday night & head back home on Sunday. I have another friend staying over night. We can spend the evening listening to some vinyl
on speaker system.
Ray Samuels

Ray, that sounds great -- thanks much for the offer. It's been a long time, hasn't it?

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #145 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually grew up a Buckeye. I 've driven many hours on those highways - that's a long and boring seven hours of flat roads and corn fields!! Well, have a good trip - look forward to meeting you on Saturday!

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #146 of 183
Because my wife is working, I will have the spawn with me. I only hope they can live up to the great example set by Skylab's kids at a previous meet. Methinks mine will be a drop-in kind of visit, either before or after a trip to the museum and lake-front park.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #147 of 183
MASSIVE EDIT:
Couldn't get off cause manager had made schedule and I forgot to remind him... oops..

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #148 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang my manager is being a d**k and wouldn't give me off though he promised it earlier last month when I originally requested it.

dude, not cool.

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #150 of 183
Looks like it's going to be a 12-mile bike ride for me. Oh well, good for exercise?
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back